Is there going to be a 2021 product announcement this year?

TravisM

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

There are loads of good models out there for every region & era. Anything new is a bonus.

I don't understand why after every announcement I see posts expressing disappointment at what is not available.

I think we all build up hopes for announcements and when nothing matches ones wishes it is only natural to express a little disappointment, especially when some of the items  wished for are "simple" or have been missing for ages. For example, I am hoping Bachmann will announce some ordinary banger blue un-named sealed-beam Peaks. Seems to make sense and they could have been made on the back of the recently available rep specials. If there aren't any I will be disappointed, but by no means inconsolable.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I think that we might see another batch of Class 70s for modern image modellers. It's been almost three years since the last batch arrived and Bachmann have yet to model the Colas 70 with the tilted helmet on the bodysides and the new and more recent diamond logo. The same applies for the Freightliner Class 70s. In late 2020, Freightliner began applying additional branding to their Class 70 fleet too, which Bachmann have yet to model. I believe most of both the Colas and Freightliner Class 70s have now had their branding updated on the bodysides, and considering Bachmann have only produced one Colas Class 70 so far, in 2018, it surely can't be long before we see another batch produced. 

I think that we also might see sound fitted Class 150s announced tomorrow, given that Bachmann have three arriving, in three different liveries in the coming months. From memory they have announced BR Provincial, Northern (updated), and GWR Green. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Flittersnoop said:

I wonder if Bachmann would like a share of the market for models of industrial locos, steam or diesel? An almost infinite choice of prototypes, too...

If you think of EFE Rail as being "theirs" then they've got the ultimate in industrial locomotives in the Austerity 0-6-0ST.

I would be surprised if more liveries didn't turn up at some stage this year. If not tomorrow.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, markw said:

Hornby have not done an accurately dimensioned long wheelbase black 5, all they have done is move the rear axle backwards, and use the same body.

A long wheelbase black 5 should have the smokebox length increased by the same amount as the wheelbase.

That's disappointing - I thought they'd got that right.  They 'cheated' by taking their first model with a forward placed top-feed from a batch that was built to the short wheelbase, but I thought they'd done the right thing for subsequent releases of long-wheelbase engines.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

I think that we might see another batch of Class 70s for modern image modellers. It's been almost three years since the last batch arrived and Bachmann have yet to model the Colas 70 with the tilted helmet on the bodysides and the new and more recent diamond logo. The same applies for the Freightliner Class 70s. In late 2020, Freightliner began applying additional branding to their Class 70 fleet too, which Bachmann have yet to model. I believe most of both the Colas and Freightliner Class 70s have now had their branding updated on the bodysides, and considering Bachmann have only produced one Colas Class 70 so far, in 2018, it surely can't be long before we see another batch produced. 

I think that we also might see sound fitted Class 150s announced tomorrow, given that Bachmann have three arriving, in three different liveries in the coming months. From memory they have announced BR Provincial, Northern (updated), and GWR Green. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Regardless of any extra livery bits and bobs, it’ll boil down to “ how well did they sell before “, I think . Any manufacturer trying to follow every nuance of every livery change will soon run out of maunufacturing space in china.

18 hours ago, Venator said:

After the dissapointment, at least for me, of Hornby's latest catalogue I'm hoping Bachmann might be a little more adventurous.

16 hours ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

Frankly, given that in the four quarterly announcements last year, not one item from new tooling of their own was introduced, I am not expecting things to change.

16 hours ago, Legend said:

2 hours 30 mins hardly going to make a difference . 

15 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

There are loads of good models out there for every region & era. Anything new is a bonus.

15 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

I think we all build up hopes for announcements and when nothing matches ones wishes it is only natural to express a little disappointment, especially when some of the items  wished for are "simple" or have been missing for ages.

Best to temper expectations with Blue, methinks. No new tooling until they’ve caught up with their still massive backlog. So, unlike Red, I don’t expect any ‘WOW!’ moments. Regurgitating the same-old with new buttons and bells...and price tag in all reality. 

Nowt wrong in that, as it still fills gaps in the inventory that will appeal to many. 

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, truffy said:

Best to temper expectations with Blue, methinks. No new tooling until they’ve caught up with their still massive backlog. So, unlike Red, I don’t expect any ‘WOW!’ moments. Regurgitating the same-old with new buttons and bells...and price tag in all reality. 

Nowt wrong in that, as it still fills gaps in the inventory that will appeal to many. 

Fully agree - there are existing models in the range that are quite acceptable, if not better, that just need to be released in the sought after liveries.

The Colas / Freightliner 70s have been raised, I addressed some un-named sealed-beam Peaks, and then there is plain banger blue for some models that have been either non-existent or rare. Then there are liveries that have been released before, but which sell like hot cakes (thinking ScotRail 47/4s) which could be a good earned for Bachmann.

New models? Really there is little now which may be regarded new on the diesel / electric front, so it would most likely be retooling. None of Bachmann's current range are truly awful, so I wouldn't want the job of deciding which to choose.

Roy 

• AY Mod locked this topic