1850 Padd to Oxford in 1991

125_driver

I am trying to research the above train during the 1990 to 1991 timetable.

Am I right in thinking it was formed of an IC 47 ? Potentially its inward working could have been the 1240 ex Penzance, and if so was the stock IC mk2s or not?

I am guessing on this as the 1240 ex PZ was definitely a 47 at this point and arrived Paddington at 1817 hence why I am wondering if the set then did this Oxford and back working, but if anyone has a station working book for Paddington in this period and is able to confirm or quell my suspicions id be extremely grateful !

• RMweb Premium

In the 1990 timetable the 12.40 Penzance-Paddington was booked ecs to OOC at 18.43.  The stock for the 18.50 departure was formed of a rake fresh from OOC arriving Paddington 18.20.  I don't have the loco diagrams, but I wonder if the 7 minutes between the time the stock of the 12.15 Penzance left and 18.50 departed was enough for the loco off the Penzance to drop on to the Oxford stock, attach and do the necessary prep before departure.

In 1991 the Monday-Thursday working was the same, except on Fridays when the Penzance service did form the 18.50 departure.  Obviously on Fridays there was no possibility of the loco off the Penzance working the 18.50 as it was trapped on the blocks.

All workings were load 7, MkII EHA stock.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Commoner
  • Thanks 1