Trains in Cornwall - 1989.

Evening All,

The latest video on my YouTube channel includes shots of HSTs at Marazion in 1989.  There's also a ride on the St. Ives branch line filmed through the front of a heritage DMU.  Here's the link if anyone would like to see it:

Hope it's of interest.

Edited by 45669
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 45669 changed the title to Trains in Cornwall - 1989.

Morning All,

I'm still putting my enforced lockdown time to good use by putting some of my old VHS footage on YouTube and the latest offering is of trains in Cornwall in 1989.  Here's the link if anyone would like to have a look:

Hope it's of interest.

Edited by 45669
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Just come across the thread. Definitely interesting! Really enjoyed the rides. And that formation behind 'SS Great Britain' leaving Hayle- Mk2 air cons in InterCity, with an NSE non-aircon Mk2 and 2 GUVs! One for the 'Prototype for anything' thread :)

Minor caption point, in the first video, what you call a class 156 is actually a 155 - the ones that got converted into single car class 153s.

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon All,

The third instalment of the video that I took in Cornwall in 1989 is now on YouTube if anyone would like to have a look.  I hope that it's of interest:

TTFN,

Edited by 45669
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/01/2021 at 20:35, 45669 said:

Evening All,

The latest video on my YouTube channel includes shots of HSTs at Marazion in 1989.  There's also a ride on the St. Ives branch line filmed through the front of a heritage DMU.  Here's the link if anyone would like to see it:

Hope it's of interest.

The 2 Car DMU is a Class 155. Honest 'Charlie'

On 07/03/2021 at 12:08, 45669 said:

Afternoon All,

The third instalment of the video that I took in Cornwall in 1989 is now on YouTube if anyone would like to have a look.  I hope that it's of interest:

TTFN,

Can anyone identify what Class of DMU is that on the St Ives branch? On the later video of a two car (this one is obviously a five car as its a summer Saturday as evidenced by the WCML DVT rake) there is a 101 car coupled to something else, but this looks like 5 cars from the same type.

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, charliepetty said:

The 2 Car DMU is a Class 155. Honest 'Charlie'

What I said before...

On 13/02/2021 at 17:30, Ramblin Rich said:

Minor caption point, in the first video, what you call a class 156 is actually a 155 - the ones that got converted into single car class 153s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramblin Rich said:

What I said before...

Thanks; several people have pointed this out (all diesels looks the same to me!) and I've corrected it in the description underneath.  Unfortunately, once a caption is embedded in a video it's not possible to remove or change it.

• Friendly/supportive 1