New range of simple to assemble 00/EM gauge pointwork kits - EM B7 Prototype - First Look

NFWEM57

9 minutes ago, martin_wynne said:

That's what Templot is for. It takes only a few clicks to print a template of any size or radius. Here's a video showing how:

https://flashbackconnect.com/Default.aspx?id=hdIcVN9vvksNd4kwp6LaSw2

Martin.

Its a great shame that some have this idea that using Templot is very difficult, far from it. Certainly for most situations its a few clicks of a button or two

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, hayfield said:

Its a great shame that some have this idea that using Templot is very difficult, far from it. Certainly for most situations its a few clicks of a button or two

But it's good to have friends who can help me!

I always found gas fitting and plumbing easy, diff'rent strokes and all that.

Mike.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

6 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

But it's good to have friends who can help me!

I always found gas fitting and plumbing easy, diff'rent strokes and all that.

Mike.

Yes, but being a plumber is useful when scratching backs. You produce my templates, I'll fix your central heating.

Imagine how useless being a chemist is.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, RBAGE said:

Yes, but being a plumber is useful when scratching backs. You produce my templates, I'll fix your central heating.

I must protest, chemists are useful, especially the one who discovered that neat Dettol can be used as a paint stripper. I have just stripped a badly painted (several times) old Hornby class 37 I acquired using Dettol.  Smells good too..!:lol:

Once used, just filter and rebottle ready for next time.   Lost 25ml from 1.5 litres, mainly spillage.  Much cheaper than special purpose products..!

Edited by NFWEM57
More info, typo
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, NFWEM57 said:

I must protest, chemists are useful, especially the one who discovered that neat Dettol can be used as a paint stripper. I have just stripped a badly painted (several times) old Hornby class 37 I acquired using Dettol.  Smells good too..!:lol:

Once used, just filter and rebottle ready for next time.   Lost 25ml from 1.5 litres, mainly spillage.  Much cheaper than special purpose products..!

Whilst not decrying chemists, I don't think it will be one of them that discovered the specific use of Dettol as a paint stripper, more likely a railway modeller or some such! (who may or may not have been a chemist).

Mike.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, RBAGE said:

Not at all useless, assuming you are referring to yourself if you are a chemist, I would fix your central heating for a Cemflo conversion kit/model or two. Just needs a bit of sideways thinking, no one is useless in railway modelling terms, despite what some commentators might have you believe.

Mike.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NFWEM57 said:

Only if you like Dettol's smell, I got it in the ear as my workroom is next to the family room

• Funny 1

16 minutes ago, Chuffer Davies said:

Can I ask for clarification please?  Do you mean cast or do you mean 3D printed in plastic?  It looks in the drawing like this is all going to be printed.

Thanks

Frank

It will be cast in Nickel Silver, same as I do for the 'common crossing V frog'.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NFWEM57 said:

I can't claim that one, as a modeller or a chemist.

One other use of the word, in days of yore, when I was a lad, was in relating to strong drink. In the Sunderland area, if you had had too much strong drink, you would be chemist. No idea where that came from.

Anyone from Sunderland?

10 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Whilst not decrying chemists, I don't think it will be one of them that discovered the specific use of Dettol as a paint stripper, more likely a railway modeller or some such! (who may or may not have been a chemist).

Mike.

Certainly not me.

10 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Not at all useless, assuming you are referring to yourself if you are a chemist, I would fix your central heating for a Cemflo conversion kit/model or two. Just needs a bit of sideways thinking, no one is useless in railway modelling terms, despite what some commentators might have you believe.

Mike.

Haven't I made false promises on this matter in the past?

Let me know what you're after and it shall be done.

4 hours ago, hayfield said:

Only if you like Dettol's smell, I got it in the ear as my workroom is next to the family room

If it was only Dettol smells that was the cause of complaint, life would be so much more peaceful.

• Funny 1