ARCADIA MODELS SHAW OLDHAM (ARCADIARAIL)

Stevelewis

Tim  has  asked  me  to confirm  that he  is  still  trading  via  Telephone   orders,  I can confirm that  the  service  is  excellent  I have placed  a few  orders  over  the  last few weeks,    His  cut off time  for  same  day shipping is  around  1-30 pm usually  but  I  ordered an item  (  a Digital  system)  at  3-30pm  on Friday  it  was  delivered at 8-00am Saturday.

Tim has   a lot  of  items in stock which  are  hard  to find,  his  website  is  kept  up to date,  BUT  there  are lots  of  other  items in stock  not listed, so worth  a phone  call.

Arcadiarail  TEL  01706882900  ( usually closed  all day Tuesday)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, ColinK said:

Yes, I ordered some coaches a few days ago and received  them the next day. Helpful and brilliant service as always.

Snap ! My experience identical to yours. Reassuring that such places still exist and are hopefully thriving.

4 hours ago, Stevelewis said:

Tim  has  asked  me  to confirm  that he  is  still  trading  via  Telephone   orders,  I can confirm that  the  service  is  excellent  I have placed  a few  orders  over  the  last few weeks,    His  cut off time  for  same  day shipping is  around  1-30 pm usually  but  I  ordered an item  (  a Digital  system)  at  3-30pm  on Friday  it  was  delivered at 8-00am Saturday.

Tim has   a lot  of  items in stock which  are  hard  to find,  his  website  is  kept  up to date,  BUT  there  are lots  of  other  items in stock  not listed, so worth  a phone  call.

Arcadiarail  TEL  01706882900  ( usually closed  all day Tuesday)

Shhh don't tell everyone that, I got the last Farish headcode 40 from him recently, I've not had chance to see what else he has, though I did spot a possible Dapol 50043 unrefurbished on the site - I've already got one, but they are hard to find now.

• Like 1

Surprising  as  it  may  seem  I  have  never  actually  met  Tim   or visited  his  shop  but  over   the  past  nearly 20  years   must  have  spent  a   small fortune, especially  when  I  was buying  LGB  items  when  I  was  into  Garden  Railwaying,  one  of  my  sons  did  pop in  to  collect  some  LGB  a  couple  of  times  when  he  was  in  the  area,  but  apart  from  that  it all been  through  the  post.

If  you  are  looking  for  hard  to  find  or 'sold out'  items  its  worth  a  phone!  call

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

TIM  has  asked  me  to  remind  Modellers  he  is  trading  Via Telephone Mail Order  and  phone/click & Collect

01706 882900  Closed Tuesday usually

His online  listings  are usually very  accurate, and  there  are   many items available  which may be  sold out  elsewhere,  always  worth  a  phone  call  if you are looking  for  something not listed (eg PECO TRACK)

I have no connection with  the  shop, just  a  very satisfied customer  over many  years

I ordered again yesterday  Friday at 3-00pm ( a multi product order)  and  it  was  delivered Saturday  at 8-20AM

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I was  reading  on here  about  increased  pricing  etc  for  the  things  we need for  our  hobby, but  there  are  bargains around.........Arcadiarail  had  3  Bachmann 0-6-0 BR (late crest)  J11s in  stock  DCC on board,  £92,  now  he  only  has  2!

There  are some other  bargains listed also.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...