Pictures at an Exhibition

Not Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

Stow Rail - a small charity show in a splendid venue .

47882921541_d41f7d9e47_z.jpg

with excellent cake (free to exhibitors...)

47062078432_9460ac711e_z.jpg

The organiser is Andrew Eastabrook - "The Colonel" to his serfs (of which I am undoubtedly one)...standing at the back of this crowd in this photo feigning applause....

47882920321_8421b89661_z.jpg

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Stow Rail - a small charity show in a splendid venue .

47882921541_d41f7d9e47_z.jpg

with excellent cake (free to exhibitors...)

47062078432_9460ac711e_z.jpg

The organiser is Andrew Eastabrook - "The Colonel" to his serfs (of which I am undoubtedly one)...standing at the back of this crowd in this photo feigning applause....

47882920321_8421b89661_z.jpg

The same venue in 2012 on our first time at this show. Our chief cake eater can be seen behind the layout and this show is excellent for cake. Its also memorable for being on a Sunday. The second time that we took a layout we had a show in Burgess Hill on the Saturday, so the layout was loaded into the car after the show then we drove most of the way that evening for an overnight stop in a pub before setting up the same layout again on the Sunday morning.

A hectic but great weekend.

Roundhouse2012 (49).jpg

• Like 12

Tally Ho ! Indeed......randoms taken over several events

Well...someone had to....didn't they ?

DSCF8063.jpg.2d6381be4ccd0b2c36f32bfd783c70a7.jpg

Another executive ? bored board meeting

DSCF8064.jpg.1029f4513c27d05fe50448fb8c615de5.jpg

Wave to the nice man Ray....

DSCF8067.jpg.0828dda6ab4fc1179755cb05f92252c6.jpg

An proper loco appears on an unsuspecting L.S.W.R. Cornish layout....

DSCF8078.jpg.1ad4b5adf2d2e4c350fcb9e93f8acc71.jpg

G

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Our very local show - five minutes walk from home! Lest there be any confusion, I am not a member, I just enjoy having an exhibition I can get to easily.

2mm scale Kemp Town Station layout Newhaven & District MRC 31 10 2015 op rem.jpg

2mm scale Welford Bridge layout Newhaven & District MRC 31 10 2015.jpg

7mm scale layout Newhaven & District MRC 31 10 2015.jpg

Farleigh Down 9mm gauge 7mm scale layout Newhaven & District MRC 31 10 2015.jpg

HO gauge German layout Newhaven & District MRC 31 10 2015.jpg

Ventnor on the 4mm scale Wroxall & Ventnor layout Newhaven & District MRC 31 10 2015.jpg

Wroxall on the 4mm scale Wroxall & Ventnor layout Newhaven & District MRC 31 10 2015.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
Clarification of my status re. N&DMRC
  • Like 16

2 hours ago, Tim V said:

Former members of Bath Model Railway club (1970-1975), how many can you identify?

Scaleforum 2017, picture by Philip Hall.

L1060785.JPG

Second from left claims to be some kind of Cornish Captain, third from left runs a Bookshop. :good:

The two 'outers' - no idea!!

One of mine; taken by the late Jack "Shortliner" Trollope at the TVNAM show at Armitage, 2013 I think.

My lad concentrates hard as he operates my layout "Portway Center". I look on, remarkably relaxed in the circumstances. Renowned US-outline modeller Roger Nicholls casts an eye over the scene...

000039592192.Jpeg.52d33b64822110cd0661e9b30ceb449a.Jpeg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

It is very nice to see other people's pictures and visit some shows I didn't previously know about, a few familiar faces too(!) I have been trawling through old computers to look out a few exhibition memories of my own

I think I have to start with the utterly fabulous RMweb live at the Ricoh Stadium in September 2014, I enjoyed it hugely for all sorts of reasons, attending as part of the Bleakhouse support team with my friend Steve Cook.

Steve had made a miniature version of Captain Kernow in full HV gear, and took it upon himself to take "Mini Tim" around the show, photographing him on each layout. This caused much merriment and some bewilderment, Steve having christened the figure "Timmy Two Trousers" - well it amused us anyway...

When it came to Bleakhouse Road we ensured that TTT arrived in style in a railway vehicle of suitable period (while "the boss" was away talking elsewhere, obviously) TTT walked around the whole layout, met the Finching sisters and even enjoyed a bit of gardening....

An utterly fabulous and never to be repeated weekend for which I will be forever grateful, the memories of which make me smile even now.

Simon

Ricoh 005.jpg

Ricoh 011.jpg

Ricoh 024.jpg

Edited by Not Jeremy
To add Rob's Finching sisters!
  • Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 17/01/2021 at 21:27, roundhouse said:

The same venue in 2012 on our first time at this show. Our chief cake eater can be seen behind the layout and this show is excellent for cake. Its also memorable for being on a Sunday. The second time that we took a layout we had a show in Burgess Hill on the Saturday, so the layout was loaded into the car after the show then we drove most of the way that evening for an overnight stop in a pub before setting up the same layout again on the Sunday morning.

A hectic but great weekend.

Roundhouse2012 (49).jpg

One of my favourite shows, that I really enjoy Demo'ing at, it's always one of the first in the diary and not just for the cake, honest guv :P:P:P

Hopefully next year......

Regards

Neal.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Calnefoxile said:

One of my favourite shows, that I really enjoy Demo'ing at, it's always one of the first in the diary and not just for the cake, honest guv :P:P:P

Hopefully next year......

Regards

Neal.

Nothing definite yet but thought is being given to what may be possible by 2022.

Chris

25 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

20190831_151528.jpg.80d7c0d7092ccd0c363e476ab00794a9.jpg

Yes it is my train set but if anyone can recognise the show they are doing better than me...

NP.JPG.e665e350ddaa335593ca7ae70882b314.JPG

NO PLACE but this time I think I know the place- Manchester Museum of Transport

Les

Hi Les

It definitely  isn't the Manchester Museum of Transport ;-) Maybe Macclesfields?

HTH

Tim

• RMweb Gold

This is a bit "out there" but here is the very nice poster produced by the Wales and West Model Railway Association for their 1977 exhibition in the Victoria Rooms in Bristol. It was a great event, possibly the one where "Heckmondwyke" appeared? Of the layouts I recall at the show, I especially like "Pontypool Riverside" (I think it was called that) a wonderful GWR and LMS joint terminus, built in EM on a curve as I recall.

I think by then I was helping to man the Whitemans book stand with Captain Kernow. He wasn't known by that name then.....

Perhaps someone here knows more about the show that year?

Bristol poster.jpg

• Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

This is a bit "out there" but here is the very nice poster produced by the Wales and West Model Railway Association for their 1977 exhibition in the Victoria Rooms in Bristol. It was a great event, possibly the one where "Heckmondwyke" appeared? Of the layouts I recall at the show, I especially like "Pontypool Riverside" (I think it was called that) a wonderful GWR and LMS joint terminus, built in EM on a curve as I recall.

I think by then I was helping to man the Whitemans book stand with Captain Kernow. He wasn't known by that name then.....

Bristol poster.jpg

When we lived near Bristol thats the show that Mum took me to  a few years earlier probably around 69 - 70, that got me interested in model railways.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, merlin46 said:

Hi Les

It definitely  isn't the Manchester Museum of Transport ;-) Maybe Macclesfields?

HTH

Tim

NO PLACE hasn't been to Macclesfield- the only place with that wall and roof trusses was the Museum of Transport.  The guys in the picture were on the German layout slightly to the left of opposite.

Les

1 hour ago, Not Jeremy said:

Bristol poster.jpg

I have the guide from the 1979 WWoE show. However I think I remember you at the 1977 show - but I don't remember you on the bookstall. Didn't you spend a lot of time on the Studiolith stand? Was it Ann with or without an 'e'?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, 70000 Britannia said:

OK, to maintain the retrospective nature of the thread and to re-kindle lost moments of contentment - who would like to guess where this pre-show opening scene may have taken place?

Dave

20180519_091657.jpg.83687ab79beff25b23c90e12392fe5f7.jpg

Boyle  St, or Manchester Museum of Transport?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Great thread with lots of memories. I remember those Bristol shows from the 1970s, I was in my teens - where have all the years gone.

Iam starting to miss shows now. This is myself and Kim with my good mate Phil Coplestone and the one and only John Greenwood in a trademark shirt - Wadebridge school.

Jerry

IMG_0570.JPG.9483e497202be99c22b18e3de35427fa.JPG

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1