Pictures at an Exhibition

Not Jeremy

" 'Ere that never ran over that bridge"

Myself in tweed jacket old pedant mode on my own model of New Hey, running it as a demo layout at Expo EM North, September 2007, still then in balmy Slaithwaite. They were actually doing some filming for Last of the Summer Wine on the street opposite during the show, which seemed appropriate.  Captured if memory serves me correct by one Martin Wales.

tweed.jpg

• Like 10

On 21/01/2021 at 00:05, 70000 Britannia said:

First of Les' photo looks like Macclesfield, would suggest 2nd photo is indeed Museum of Transport.

I've never been to Macclesfield.  First pic is at Loughbrough. The giveaway on very close inspection is Sherwood Models stand just visible to the left of the stage.

The second is definitely Manchester.  I've found a better one from the same day....  One of the same people visible.

IMG_6908.JPG.65cafaff9ddde9288de2cdd25d7103f9.JPG

Hope this helps  :)

Les

Edited by Les1952
typos as usual
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MR Chuffer said:

For reference, it is spelt Loughborough.. Went to school there.

Glad I never lived in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch then ! 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 20/01/2021 at 19:34, Tim V said:

I have the guide from the 1979 WWoE show. However I think I remember you at the 1977 show - but I don't remember you on the bookstall. Didn't you spend a lot of time on the Studiolith stand? Was it Ann with or without an 'e'?

I remember him gaining free entry to the show on the pretext of being a temporary bookshop employee.

I remember manning the bookshop stand whilst he was absent.

I can't remember if she had an 'e' or not, Tim, but until that time I hadn't realised that he had such a deep interest in P4.

Edited by Captain Kernow
Art, darling.
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

David Lane and company's "Railex" is a thoroughly good show which never disappoints. One of the really nice aspects, and a measure of the huge care and thought that goes in to the whole thing, is the absolutely spiffing means of getting from the station to the show venue.

Move along the bus please...

DSCN0624.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Mentioning late friends, back in 2009 we exhibited a layout at West Moors Country Park when they had yearly model railway events.

On the Sunday morning our late friend Graham had a trip round the line as a daily inspection before operating commenced. Our layout was in the shed behind him.

Another photo this time at Wigan the same year with Graham in mas spirit.

We used to have around 22 shows a year with various layouts and Graham was there to help at most of them. The pubs in the evening made some long days very relaxing.

The last time he helped at a show was May 2015 in Burgess Hill which was local to him and that was the last time I saw him. 

GrahamATWestMoorsRly2009 (1).JPG

Smrzovka2009 (17).JPG

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3

One of my most favourite photos from a show.

I think it was in Bognor or Worthing Sussex 2010

I have tried on more than one occasion to find out who his father is to see if he would like a copy.

If you know him, please get his father to make contact through Carshalton & Sutton MRC

2010_0417BognorShow0060.JPG

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold
On 20/01/2021 at 23:23, queensquare said:

This is myself and Kim with my good mate Phil Coplestone and the one and only John Greenwood in a trademark shirt - Wadebridge school.

Jerry

IMG_0570.JPG.9483e497202be99c22b18e3de35427fa.JPG

I love that picture, not least because you can really "see the boy" in John's face,  just wonderful.

Simon

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, roundhouse said:

Mentioning late friends, back in 2009 we exhibited a layout at West Moors Country Park when they had yearly model railway events.

On the Sunday morning our late friend Graham had a trip round the line as a daily inspection before operating commenced. Our layout was in the shed behind him.

Another photo this time at Wigan the same year with Graham in mas spirit.

We used to have around 22 shows a year with various layouts and Graham was there to help at most of them. The pubs in the evening made some long days very relaxing.

The last time he helped at a show was May 2015 in Burgess Hill which was local to him and that was the last time I saw him. 

GrahamATWestMoorsRly2009 (1).JPG

Smrzovka2009 (17).JPG

Super photos, Ian, bringing back memories of a good friend.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Rmweb members day, Taunton. April 2018, I believe..

If the devil could cast his net........with the obvious exception of Mrs M. 

Rob. 

post-6675-0-54491900-1525030354_thumb.jpg.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium
On 20/01/2021 at 18:02, roundhouse said:

When we lived near Bristol thats the show that Mum took me to  a few years earlier probably around 69 - 70, that got me interested in model railways.

The layout I always remember from those days was Yatton Junction (as well as Ffarquhar and Llareggub)

It was probably 1970 when I was employed stewarding in the "cinema" showing such BTF classics as Farmer Moves South and Fully Fitted Freight. I believe the  terms of hiring those films forbade charging to see them, so it it had to be explained that the charge was for the use of a seat.

Edited by Andy Kirkham
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Small Cardiff Show 2020. 

Everyone comes over all unnecessary upon realising that someone ( You know who you are) has snuck an ex- L&NER loco onto Bleat Wharf........

John F cannot bear to look.....

Rob. 

20200118_142649.jpg.7103387074ce315f000020b49f6c6515.jpg

• Like 7
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1