Your last visit to a Model Railway Exhibition

Brian Hawkins

Doncaster in Feb, followed by Sileby the following weekend. Apart from the GCR Winter Steam Gala, Doncaster usually marks the start of the 'season' for me in terms of going to shows etc., so I certainly didn't anticipate it all being over for the year in those three weekends, apart from managing a few day's break in Wales and a trip on the Welshpool in September...

Edited by Invicta

I did Bristol O gauge show, then Stafford and just as we we're locking down a quick trip to Macclesfield. I never thought I would miss model shows and for many years I didn't got to any but it would be really nice to go and have a nose around somewhere and talk to a few people!

• Like 1

Last show I went to was my local one at Leamington. We went on the Saturday when one hall was closed due to an overnight break in and theft. Kinda took the edge off the show although the hall opened not long after we left. We didn’t bother going back as I had spent enough anyway. That all seems so long ago now.

cheers

Shane

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, RJS1977 said:

Hopefully with a few shows now starting up, it won't be long before we start seeing responses in this thread of "XYZY last weekend..."

I know a few smaller ones have run very recently. I am unlikely to be attending a big show for a bit for non-Covid reasons (too busy, travel costs etc.) but hope to return this year or early next.

The last exhibition I went to was at Houten on the outskirts of Utrecht, 22/23 February 2020.  I was helping on the Modelu stand there but the exhibition was interesting.  There was, naturally, a lot of HO but plenty of other thing one does not see very much at UK exhibitions - dioramas, a couple of stands with big ranges of Lifecolour and other acrylic paints and landscaping materials, some interesting tools and automated road vehicles.

It is an exhibition I shall go back to, not every year but every so often.

• RMweb Gold

Visited the Bexhill Model Railway Club's exhibition yesterday at the St Richards Catholic College.

With facemasks and hand sanitizer much in evidence it was good to see a fair number of paying visitors at this local show.

Spread over the main split level hall, three classrooms and a long corridor there were 16 layouts of various shapes and sizes supported by roughly the same number of traders.

Much time was spent chatting to David Holman who had brought along his excellent 7mm scale Irish 3ft narrow gauge layout Fintonagh.

fintonagh_140821.jpg.53e6a1379068c095d913030bf6311cb7.jpg

Edited by adrianmc
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Not exactly an exhibition, but I went to Amberley Chalk Pits Museum for their railway weekend in July 2021 and they had a large american narrow gauge layout in a barn and several layouts from the West Sussex 'N' Gauge Model Railway Club in the railway museum.

No photos I'm afraid, but a video of the monorail in operation:

• Like 2