New Model 30ft Bulks in OO

arran

HI All

=C=Rail= Have been beavering away in the background on the next new model,  which are 30ft Bulks .

These models have finished all the tooling and are getting printed  after the CNY , so delivery to us in early May.

Regards Arran

And Yes i do need a hair cut 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, RP82 said:

Excellent news on the 30ft boxes. Are there any plans for the IBC and later IFF liveries?

HI 

At somepoint like all =c=rail= products we work our way through the liveries , we are bringing in undecorated models with both door types whne the decorated bulks arrive and we do still have a large range of transfers with those names.

regards Arran

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

These look fantastic but I'm looking for more info on these containers and operating periods. I model 1989-94 but not sure if these bulktainers were being moved by rail at that time. I know that IFF are an old company and that these containers had the writing in yellow and the United logo prior to this version and the whole container was grey before that. I think UBC were IBC previously so these livery versions may not be right for the early 90s. Again i'm not sure when the Bell ones first appeared but would buy some of all three if the right liveries are produced in the future.

16 hours ago, Flagman said:

These look fantastic but I'm looking for more info on these containers and operating periods. I model 1989-94 but not sure if these bulktainers were being moved by rail at that time. I know that IFF are an old company and that these containers had the writing in yellow and the United logo prior to this version and the whole container was grey before that. I think UBC were IBC previously so these livery versions may not be right for the early 90s. Again i'm not sure when the Bell ones first appeared but would buy some of all three if the right liveries are produced in the future.

HI All

For that period the IFF  and Bell for that period .

IFF became IBC then UBC then Interbulk and finally Den Hartogh

Hope this helps

Regards Arran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

21 hours ago, Flagman said:

From the opening of the Channel Tunnel in 1994, there was a frequent block working of IFF/UBC boxes from Trafford Park to Muizen via the Channel Tunnel. They were part of the same group as City Link Parcels and Rentokil.

Curiously, both IBC and IFF had their head offices on the same road in Hull (Hedon Road, IIRC.)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Flagman said:

Thanks Arran, very useful, i didn't realise IFF went through all those changes but am i right in thinking i still need an earlier version with yellow writing and without the Initial wording?

White IFF is OK for then i think .

If you want yellow you will have to get modelling , we tried to print that livery and it wouldn't go into the corners properly 

Regards Arran

• Like 1