Parkside 4mm Con flat A clasp brake gear.

Hello all,

I am in the middle of building a Parkside Con flat A with FM container. I recently read an article on this site suggesting a replacement chassis available for purchase, to enable the clasp brake version to be produced, but for the life of me I can't find it now despite spending the last hour and a half searching for it  So if anyone could point me in the right direction, either to the article or the alternative chassis supplier I would be extremely grateful

Thanks for your speedy replies Gents.  Jwealeans, it was probably your post I saw originally. Nice photos by the way. I've been looking at using "N" gauge screw couplings for the shackles, any thoughts on using them?

Fat Controller, thank you for the link. I'm of for a look now. 

1 minute ago, Geddi said:

I've been looking at using "N" gauge screw couplings for the shackles, any thoughts

Couldn't say - I use small etched ones from Ambis, generally, but there are several different makes available.  There are a couple of posts on my thread about how I do them.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Geddi said:

I've been looking at using "N" gauge screw couplings for the shackles, any thoughts on using them?

If this is 4mm scale we're talking about, it depends on how good your eyesight is, how steady your hand is and how good you are at repetitive stooping to undertake coupling and uncoupling duties!

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

If this is 4mm scale we're talking about, it depends on how good your eyesight is, how steady your hand is and how good you are at repetitive stooping to undertake coupling and uncoupling duties!

I do believe the OP is talking about shackles for the securing chains, not couplings... ;)

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1