Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Keith Price .

Sidecar Racer

• RMweb Premium

I have just learned of the death of Keith Price last November .

He will be best remembered for his numerous Weston-Super-Mare Model Railway shows ,

He ran these for the benefit of us as exhibition visitors and to raise funds for his pet

charity Weston Hospicecare , over the years that he ran these shows he raised a grand total

of £55,875 , his target was £75,000, sadly this will now not  be reached .

I only new Keith as a visitor to his shows and seeing him at others all round the country

as he traveled round to find new layout to bring to WSM but he always had time for a chat

and was always in good spirits despite the fact that he was suffering from serious

illness himself .

RIP Keith , and thanks for the shows .

Edited by Sidecar Racer
  • Friendly/supportive 7

I live not far from where Keith lived, although I did not know him I had chatted to him briefly once or twice, 

as I had been to every one of his Weston shows apart from one. I did see the name in the obituary page of our local paper, but had no way of being certain it was him at the time.

The shows he put on were always enjoyable, and I have seen some top class layouts over the years.

I am also well aware of the good work done  by Weston Hospice, so Keith will be missed.

cheers

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hello

I knew Keith from his Weston shows but also as exhibition manager at Nailsea Model Railway Exhibition.  I was at Weston last year and as usual we were well looked after and had a good time as well. He was a good man and will be sorely missed. Bye old friend.

Cheers

George

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Very sorry to hear of Keith's passing. The last time I saw him was at the last Minehead show, he seemed in good spirits then but I knew he had been fighting cancer for a long time previously. I seemed to meet  him at most of the West Country shows and always had a chat. At peace now and will be sorely missed - a real gentleman.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1