If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Greetings from the Netherlands

Bas Knippels

Hello,

My name is Sebastiaan Knippels (call me Bas), I am 29 years old, live in Heerhugowaard, Holland, I am married and have 2 pet cats. I've been developing an increasing interest in British railroads and stock (Scotland in particulair). After me and my wife came back from our honeymoon in Scotland I obviously had to purchase a class 156 in Scotrail blue saltire livery and now I am in the possession of the class 156, 2 W4 pecketts, 2 class 37s (large logo and dutch yellow grey), and a class 122 bubblecar (BR blue) oh and I have a Mallard. I have also started to build a 2 piece modulair layout called 'Rosedale abbey'. I also have a fixed layout in dutch style.

When the time is right I'd like to build Corrour in 00 gauge which may be used in the BMB's (british modulair track) modulair layout. During the trip from Oban to Fort William we got out at Corrour. A fellow passenger asked: "what are you going to do there?" Well the answer was: Having lunch, taking a short hike, sit at the fire place with a dutch rail magazine from the shelf and waiting on the next train.

I have a degree in electrical engineering, I am currently employed as a software engineer. I program in Assembly language for the 8051 uController for a living. I built my own DCC central from scratch, software included. And Currently I am developing several PCB designs, varying from digital to analog shuttle layout solutions to make all our lives easier. And I like to believe I am really really good at programming arduino's. I have even developed my own software tools which can do a part of the programming for me. If you ever want an arduino to do something for you and you can't program yourself, you can send me a message ;)

I must warn you, I am like a walking idea box, I poop out a one idea after another. And I think about 2-5% are actually good ones :D.

Kind regards,

Bas

P.S.

For those who are wondering, the K in Knippels is not a silent K.

• Like 13
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 03/02/2021 at 21:54, WM183 said:

from Heerlen!

Toevallig! Ik woon in gemeente Gulpen-Wittem maar werk in Heerlen vlakbij het Corio Center

There are more people resident in NL on this forum than I thought. Hi, everybody.

• Like 1

Hi LimboBrit,

Yes, indeed a lot of Dutch RMWeb members are involved in British railway modelling. Yesterday we had our 10-year celebration of the LitterBin group on Beneluxspoor.net (The Dutch equivalent of the RMWeb). We have almost 2 million visitors in our thread. Most of us are also member of the RMWeb.

Gr, Hans

• Like 2

Guest WM183
1 hour ago, LimboBrit said:

Toevallig! Ik woon in gemeente Gulpen-Wittem maar werk in Heerlen vlakbij het Corio Center

There are more people resident in NL on this forum than I thought. Hi, everybody.

Hooi! Toon mijn man een kind was, woonde hij in Gulpen. Small world!

Lots of Dutchies here, indeed!

• Moderators

U bent hier allemaal van harte welkom! Ik heb van velen van jullie veel geweldige modellen gezien. Zelfs als ik op Google translate moet vertrouwen!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

U bent hier allemaal van harte welkom! Ik heb van velen van jullie veel geweldige modellen gezien. Zelfs als ik op Google translate moet vertrouwen!

Thx Andy,

We do our best. Although we have a lot of constraints now. Corona ánd the border issues due to the Brexit made it quite difficult for us. We miss the nice trips to the UK, the exhibitions and the shops to visit. And our friends to see overthere.

Nice that you try to read our Dutch website!

Gr, Hans

Edited by jburgt

Guest WM183
7 hours ago, LimboBrit said:

Actually I only became Dutch (dual nationality) nearly 4 years ago.

I only became Dutch (Also dual nationality) last week! Been here almost 7 years, finally a citizen =)