Dapol 2021 range?

Piemanlarger

• RMweb Gold

Dapol have had a pretty good response with the mogul; some of the early BR variant have sold out, so I'm told. Given the somewhat predatory 'business activity' by other manufacturers, I wouldn't be surprised if Dapol didn't play their cards extremely close to the chest. That said, there is the Southern  'D'  class, and of course, the Western Manor.   Dapol  announced both of these in the last year, so 2-3 releases in a year is pretty good going. Their media exposure is about right, I'd say. 

If people want to go wish-listing, then it's down to the individuals concerned and produce a viable plan such that manufacturers want to take up the baton. 

I'd guess the Dean Single 4-2-4 tank in RTR  is out, then.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KDG said:

A bit sad when a company can't even spell "catalogue" correctly on their website

When the web hosts they pay can't spell.....  the error is at the host end.  Dapol are too small to have a full time software developer.  They will put content onto a page built up by a web hosting company (rather like we put posts onto RMWeb but bigger).  The double t is in the page structure, not the content.

Les

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

When the web hosts they pay can't spell.....  the error is at the host end.  Dapol are too small to have a full time software developer.  They will put content onto a page built up by a web hosting company (rather like we put posts onto RMWeb but bigger).  The double t is in the page structure, not the content.

Les

Thanks for that Les, I'd not have the first clue where to start with making a web page. I'd be a bit vexed though if I'd paid cash to someone to do it for me and there was an error like that.

• Agree 2

Wish they'd do an N gauge 3 car DMU suburban set, anyone for a Class 116/117 or 118 DMU in N gauge? Apart from the 101 & 108 by Farish & the bubble cars from Dapol, we have no other choice yet of heritage passenger DMU's...C'mon Dapol, you know you want to ;) lol!

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by 1977joey
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, 1977joey said:

Wish they'd do an N gauge 3 car DMU suburban set, anyone for a Class 116/117 or 118 DMU in N gauge? Apart from the 101 & 108 by Farish & the bubble cars from Dapol, we have no other choice yet of heritage passenger DMU's...C'mon Dapol, you know you want to ;) lol!

Cheers,

Mark

As long as they do a better job of locating the DCC socket - the venerable 108s all have planned space for a speaker - I can barely get in a simple 2 function Rails chip into the Dapol 121. 

On 24/01/2021 at 18:03, woodenhead said:

Don't worry, someone else might have one on their radar.

The obvious choice would be accurascale, but they don’t seem interested unfortunately more concerned with OO than O.

I’m sure I’m not allow when I say a upscale of their latest and forthcoming OO wagons like the JSA family would soon be like rocking horse poo if they produced them in O.

Dapol at times seem to like kicking the ball as high over the open goal as they can, I say this in respect to reruns of the BR standard brake vans for example, they really are like gold dust now. Also the Grey later body Class 08, why on earth weld the Stratford sparrow on it ? Even the unnumbered version has it ! How many locos could you potentially do with a plain TTG 08 as a base, your stuck with a partial respray as a minimum with the model offered.

Modern O is probably one of the biggest markets at the moment among the 30/40/50 age group, those with money and space for a small O layout, but no one seems to want to offer any wagons in the period. Your spoil for choice with locos, but you have to resort to kits if you want anything to haul behind it.

Edited by Courtybella
  • Like 2

On 25/01/2021 at 21:01, KDG said:

Thanks for that Les, I'd not have the first clue where to start with making a web page. I'd be a bit vexed though if I'd paid cash to someone to do it for me and there was an error like that.

Turbot wagon with incorrect lettering....likewise your actual models which pay the web designer !

On 24/01/2021 at 17:59, Courtybella said:

Next year will signal the 10th anniversary of the long waited HEA in O gauge.

Should the model hit the milestone (I really hope not) is this a record? 

It’s almost like they had a previous designer with a reputation for promising the huge amounts of new models that never appeared. Reminds me of another company.....

• Funny 7

On 22/01/2021 at 12:07, Chris M said:

I hear they have plans for an N gauge West Country!

August 2012 my pre-order dated. My son was approaching his 1st birthday. This year he will of course turn 10, and people complain about Bachmann. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Wrenn announced the Adams Radial in their 1974 catalogue,  when they ceased trading in 1992 the Adams Radial and a number of ex Hornby Dublo items like coaches, 6 wheeled stove brake van also announced at the same time,  a wait of 18 years for models that never materialised.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2