ABS Bus Kits and Accessories.

wainwright1

I believe that is the case. I am a member, so get the updated info every month.

In fact the first list of complete kits available has been posted in the January Model Bus Journal, although I think that these were kits that were already in stock rather than newly manufactured. A large range of component parts are also available.

I think that it will take a while for all the kit component parts to be sorted and catalogued before new production starts and a fuller range becomes available. It is also possible that some older kits that have been out of production for some time might reappear.

It may be possible once the situation improves, for these kits and parts to become available through an agent, so that they can be obtained beyond the MBF membership. We shall have to wait and see.

All the best

Ray

Edited by wainwright1
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

3 minutes ago, Pillar said:

Good news nonetheless. Does anyone have a list of which kits were formerly in the range?

I believe ABS used to do a mk2 transit front which is impossible to come by nowadays. Might be worth an MBF membership for that alone!

The range was very extensive as Adrian acquired many other kit brands over the years and as to what items are still available will need to be determined.

The question about Ford Transit fronts has already been queried elsewhere and answered as below:

Posted 21 hours ago

On 18/01/2021 at 23:41, LongRail said:

Unfortunately I am not a member I emailed them and received a phone call but they wouldn't confirm if they have moulds for the minibus fronts i am after 

I have the January Model Bus Journal. They are listing the following as available:

ref: R045 Ford Transit 1970 Minibus Front £1.50.

ref: R055 Ford Transit Bonnet, Body Front and Headlamps Mk2 £1.75.

ref: R813 Ford Transit Early Style Wheels with Separate Trim £1.50.

If that is of assistance.

Ray

These parts are available in stock.

Ray

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

There is a diecast 1/76 Mk. II Transit LWB (twin rear wheel) available. It is produced by a company called TINY HK in van, minibus and as a Wadham Stringer ambulance. They can be found on E-bay starting at about £15. The models are very good, at least up to Oxford Diecast standards.

17 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

There is a diecast 1/76 Mk. II Transit LWB (twin rear wheel) available. It is produced by a company called TINY HK in van, minibus and as a Wadham Stringer ambulance. They can be found on E-bay starting at about £15. The models are very good, at least up to Oxford Diecast standards.

Coincidentally I received one of the Wadham ambulances this morning, nearly two months since it was ordered but it was only £2.40 postage.

It's a lovely model, maybe follows the Oxford trait of sitting a tad high but it's an unusual model of these ambulances that were common in the 80s. Tiny have evidently produced a Mk1 V6 (diesel style front grille) as well but its been out of production for a number of years so these are hard to come by.

Edited by RANGERS
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

ABS kits have been bought and are being re introduced by Paul Coles of KW trams. He has a website :- www.kwtrams.co.uk. He has a facebook contact and Phone number 01329 827809. Not all the kits are ready, but hope to be progressed in due course. Hope that is helpful.

Tod

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, SweenyTod1 said:

ABS kits have been bought and are being re introduced by Paul Coles of KW trams. He has a website :- www.kwtrams.co.uk. He has a facebook contact and Phone number 01329 827809. Not all the kits are ready, but hope to be progressed in due course. Hope that is helpful.

Tod

The bus kits are with the MBF. The trams and ex-Transport Replicas cars and lorries seem to be with KW Trams.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I have not seen any new information with regard to the railway items. I believe that they are split between two new suppliers, one with 0 gauge stuff and another with 00 items.

No doubt they are still sorting it all out.

All the best

Ray

• Like 1