World of Railways Virtual Show Pt. 3 - 13/14 March

AY Mod

• Moderators

vs3picv2-1.jpg?&width=600&height=380&bgc

We're back! The third instalment of our widely-acclaimed virtual exhibition is to take place this spring.

Following the success of our second #BigWORshow event in November, which drew more visitors to our website than at any model railway show in the UK – and with such fantastic feedback, we’re excited to announce that our next show will take place across the weekend of March 13-14, 2021.

Like before, the third #BigWORshow will feature a compelling selection of fantastic layouts created by talented modellers. The exhibits will feature N, OO, EM, P4, O, and G scales, with something for all tastes!

Popular features that made the previous show a success will remain, including our live feed, which will be populated with new content at least every 10 minutes!

And that’s not all. There’ll be competitions galore across the two days, practical demonstrations from a variety of talented modellers, plus interviews with some of the biggest names in the hobby.

We’re really excited to welcome everyone to our official opening on Saturday, March 13 at 09:30 GMT for two days of fantastic model railway entertainment and exciting challenges – don't forget to tell your friends.

Don't miss it – we'll see you there, virtually, of course!

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

It certainly answers some questions on what to expect from the virtual show, but I can't help but feel it leaves us with more questions about... other things...
Strangely uncanny, somewhat disturbing, but equally it made me chuckle; and that's what we all need right now. (the chuckle, that is)

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

it's wearing a tie.

After a decade of not wearing a tie it took me longer to tie it than it did to film.

Response from my son...

1. I'm glad you don't have hair.

2. Is that your funeral suit?

• Like 2
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

What's the virtual equivalent of marking out the hall? I suppose it's fitting all the html together for the layout articles, gathering all the trade adverts in and linking them to their content. Thanks to @tmc for once again being the main event sponsors and they've got some special offers and added value over the weekend. There's hours of video content once again with the layouts, product announcements, trade interviews, practical features, prototype material and competitions (yes, Spot the Difference is back to annoy you all!).

The doors open at 9.30 in the morning for advance parties to view the layouts and activities start from 10.00.

It's not the same as doing Ally Pally in March but we hope you enjoy the content, it'll certainly take longer to get through than a real show and there is something for everyone with kids activities and competitions supported by Hornby and Bachmann through to the best finescale content.

Although entrance is free there will be a showguide on sale (it's very good actually, we've just finished proof-reading it this morning) plus a special digital bookazine of the whole Black Country Blues story. Along with the support of the trade for the weekend these things are what actually pay for us to put the event on for you.

Guide.jpg

Head to World of Railways in the morning https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/, @Debbiewood and @Howard Smith will be Saturday's exhibition managers, @Phil Parker and I are doing Sunday when it's a bit quieter and we can consume more tea, biscuits and cake.

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 2

• Moderators

No need for fidgetting in the queue for the show, checking of watches and piercing eyes on anyone in a hi-vis who looks like they may be about to open the door to the floodgates.

The doors are now open for advancing viewing of a great selection of layout articles. The time feed will have features, interviews and competitions from 10.00 through to 17.00 today.

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/virtual-exhibitions/wor-virtual-exhibition-part-iii

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Just had a virtual coffee and started wandering round the layouts - some excellent modelling on view in here!

Absolutely love the music accompanying  “Perry Barr” - so nostalgic!

Thanks to everyone involved in organising - top show :)

Edited by 08221
Spilling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, 08221 said:

Absolutely love the music accompanying  “Perry Barr” - so nostalgic!

When Mike sends me video footage over I can't resist tying it in with a period track.

• Like 5