World of Railways Virtual Show Pt. 3 - 13/14 March

AY Mod

• Moderators

If you've ever been tempted by RMweb Gold keep your eyes open for a particularly special offer I steam-rollered through yesterday; it's better than Black Friday, newer than a New Year sale and fresher than a Spring Sale.

• Moderators

Motivated by the inclusion of Black Country Blues in the show I thought it high time all the chapters of the BCB story were pulled together for a special digital edition of BRM.

BCBBookazinead.jpg

https://pocketmags.com/british-railway-modelling-magazine/black-country-blues?utm_source=notificationcenter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=warnersgroup_newissue_special1&utm_term=British Railway Modelling&utm_content=buycta

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, JohnR said:

it wasnt about one of English Electric's finest, but instead, well, a tractor?

Knowing that he's had some exposure to vintage farm machinery through the club in earlier years I am not surprised he's an extractorfan. 

• Funny 5

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, JohnR said:

Am I the only one to be somewhat disappointed by the "Phil Parker weather a Tractor" to discover it wasnt about one of English Electric's finest, but instead, well, a tractor?

1) That mud mix IS really, really good. I was chuffed to be able to demo it at the show. 

2) The tractor in question was chosen because it features in a chase scene at the end of my first novel. Links in the sidebar of my blog. 

:-)

• Like 2

Congratulations Andy and co. for entertaining us again with another

excellent virtual show. I imagine the amount of work behind the scenes

must be enormous to collate and organise such an event . Must also

extend congrats to fellow group members Roger and Dave for their

work on 'best layout'  winners B'm'th West.  Must also mention Jason's

Bacup - another hidden gem - terrific  modelling here

Edited by Evertonian
Far fingers

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Motivated by the inclusion of Black Country Blues in the show I thought it high time all the chapters of the BCB story were pulled together for a special digital edition of BRM.

BCBBookazinead.jpg

https://pocketmags.com/british-railway-modelling-magazine/black-country-blues?utm_source=notificationcenter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=warnersgroup_newissue_special1&utm_term=British Railway Modelling&utm_content=buycta

I see that you have photoshopped some cottages in by the canal.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I've dipped into the show several times today. Most enjoyable.

The video by my late friend, Alan Ronalds, of his Vale of Lune layout, came as a pleasant surprise. I was one of Alan's regular operators when my box roster permitted and we were suitably rotated to ensure we all got to know one another.

Great fun, and thanks for refreshing memories of pleasant evenings past.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

• RMweb Gold

Dipped in and out of the content today ,thought Ben came across very well on the Heljan interview as a representative keen to do a good job trying to keep us modellers happy which is a job in itself! Some of the class 47 tooling conundrums gave me a better insight into what the manufacturers are faced with.
Must be hard trying to get new content especially of model railways if they can only set up at a show for example. 

Well done to all involved. Looking forward to dipping in tomorrow too!

cheers

mark

• Administrators

• Moderators

I can put my feet up now as Phil's looking after the rest of the day now.

We would welcome any feedback from you if you've visited the show so we can take it into account after the event. Hopefully we'll get a break for a few months from one as they do take a lot of time to pull together - the whole team put in some extraordinary efforts and we would like to thank our sponsors, advertisers and anyone who has made any purchases this weekend.

• Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 7

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Yup - I'm in charge and we've still plenty of content for you to enjoy. This show goes out with a bang, not a whimper!

Sadly, my plans for free cake for all visitors were scuppered by Covid, but I can assure you it is delicious!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

We would welcome any feedback from you if you've visited the show so we can take it into account after the event. Hopefully we'll get a break for a few months from one as they do take a lot of time to pull together - the whole team put in some extraordinary efforts and we would like to thank our sponsors, advertisers and anyone who has made any purchases this weekend.

With a bit of luck, this will be the last one and we can start paying you to put on physical exhibitions again soon.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Yup - I'm in charge and we've still plenty of content for you to enjoy. This show goes out with a bang, not a whimper!

Sadly, my plans for free cake for all visitors were scuppered by Covid, but I can assure you it is delicious!

I have eclairs, chocolate coated waffles and Battenberg, I don't think I need any more cake.

• Funny 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

With a bit of luck, this will be the last one and we can start paying you to put on physical exhibitions again soon.

I suspect that Virtual Shows are here to stay, alongside the "real" ones. The offer something different and are developing to take on a life of their own. There's no reason we can't have both.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• Administrators
1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

I have eclairs, chocolate coated waffles and Battenberg, I don't think I need any more cake.

Rubbish. You can never have too much cake. Try harder man!

Start with a waffer thin mint...

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Surely not with him wearing his finest tweed! Preposterous!
In any case, I've really been enjoying the show all weekend. Barely got any work done, but it's given me renewed purpose to get on and finish the design for my latest layout, Coastguard Creek. Many thanks to everyone who has worked hard behind the scenes recording and editing the vast swathes of content.

(P.S. No puzzles this time around?)

Edited by SouthernRegionSteam
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• Moderators

Thank you for your involvement too this weekend Jam; I have a huge amount of respect for you, your approach and attitude. Love it!

15 minutes ago, SouthernRegionSteam said:

(P.S. No puzzles this time around?)

I knew someone would notice! It was just down to time/panic influences.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1