World of Railways Virtual Show Pt. 3 - 13/14 March

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold

Just finished catching up on the show and I have to say thank you so much for everyone's efforts. A brilliant collection of layouts and media put together and fantastic to watch & read. Just what was needed in these rather tedious lockdown times!

Thank you! 

Tom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Great showing in the first half and didn't let up in the second. Well done, a great team effort all round.

Can you tell that I'm missing going to the footy as well as exhibitions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Having seen the previous shows I knew that I wouldn't get much else done over the weekend and sure enough I didn't.:)

The quality of the whole weekend's show left no doubt that a tremendous amount of effort must have been expended its production. Thank you to all of you for making that effort.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

As is tradition, I've written a show report of this; the third installment of the BigWORshow.
This time, thanks to Andy & others, I have photos to go alongside the report to help refresh your memory of the fantastic exhibits on show.

You should be able to click on the image below to go straight to my report, but there's a link underneath just incase.

1528857433_BigWORshow3-header.jpg.42d983923a14620903add85ff695a805.jpg

https://jamsmodelrailways.blogspot.com/2021/03/show-report-world-of-railways-virtual.html

I think it was a great all-round show, but to help the WoR team out, do make sure you comment in this thread on the sort of content you liked the most from the show, as well as any sensible ideas for the next virtual show. Either way, I hope you enjoy my report, and once again a huge thanks to the WoR team & others for a cracking weekend.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Have been looking for this thread and at last found it!

Really enjoyed the show, well done and thank you to everyone who put it on and got it together.  I took my grandson to it as well, via Zoom that is.  We spent a couple of hours looking at the steam layouts, all except one, and only stopped because we ran out of time, some little thing of two of my sons wanted with their families to talk to my wife, something about a day with mother.    They let me sit in on it too.

Thank you again.

• Thanks 1

Enjoyed watching this, very well put together and a good  selection of topics. Some good "how to" demos, particularly liked Phil's figure painting demo. Despite having painted countless figures over the years, there's always something new to learn and I now know about Humbrol and Revell flesh colours being different hues, so only need 2 pots for highlights etc.

Great stuff, hope these continue.

Edited by railroadbill
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

It's been removed from the World of Railways website, but is still available via the exhibition guide: https://pocketmags.com/british-railway-modelling-magazine/souvenir-guide

I found a sentence on that page: "Here’s a selection of highlights from the weekend which you might have missed." but there was nothing to click. Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

1 hour ago, Miss Prism said:

I found a sentence on that page: "Here’s a selection of highlights from the weekend which you might have missed." but there was nothing to click. Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

You buy the souvenir guide and then click on the links inside.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Dipped in and out of this over the weekend and bought the show guide.

Some fab layouts and content.

Many thanks to everyone involved in organising the show :good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• AY Mod unpinned this topic