Adhesive Spray

Bought a can of Adhesive spray so I can add some stickiness to trees, hedges, bushes etc so that I can then sprinkle on some scatter to make them look how I want them to look. Theory is fine and results and ok, only issue is the spray shoots out in a very strong/forceful jet of glue. Ideally I'd like something which has a more gentle delivery. Is there such a product or technique? The adhesive spray idea is fine, but if there was a way to get the same result in a more controlled way I'd like to know what it is.

14 minutes ago, Ray Von said:

3M "Spray Mount" produces a fairly misty spray, you have to keep yer nozzle clean between uses to avoid clogging. 

How permanent is Spray Mount? I've seen it recommended as a method of attaching brass overlays to coach bodies, but I'd want to know that it wasn't going to separate after a couple of years.

Jim

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

How permanent is Spray Mount? I've seen it recommended as a method of attaching brass overlays to coach bodies, but I'd want to know that it wasn't going to separate after a couple of years.

Jim

I do not know about coach overlays but I have photos attched to mount board that are 30 years+ old.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dhjgreen said:

I do not know about coach overlays but I have photos attched to mount board that are 30 years+ old.

I have only ever used it for mounting paper to card.  One of its selling points is that it "allows for repositioning" - that would suggest to me that it's not suitable.  I could be wrong.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jim Martin said:

Jim

Depends if you buy the permanent or repositionable stuff. One sticks forever, but I can't remember which. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Riccarton Junction said:

Excellent. I'll see what my wife has in stock before I head over to Amazon :drink_mini:

You don't need Amazon. The stuff is readily available in every supermarket and chemist for 2 quid or less. 

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, laurenceb said:

One of the rare cases where cheaper the better

... and if you look hard enough you can get scent free.

Saves all the embarrassing questions.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 23/01/2021 at 15:08, Riccarton Junction said:

Bought a can of Adhesive spray so I can add some stickiness to trees, hedges, bushes etc so that I can then sprinkle on some scatter to make them look how I want them to look. Theory is fine and results and ok, only issue is the spray shoots out in a very strong/forceful jet of glue. Ideally I'd like something which has a more gentle delivery. Is there such a product or technique? The adhesive spray idea is fine, but if there was a way to get the same result in a more controlled way I'd like to know what it is.

I would say the can you got is more like the stuff used to stick carpet down and is heavy duty. Horrible stuff for anything other than its intended purpose. Peco, War World Scenics, 3M etc all work fine but are way more expensive than cheapo hairspray!

Has anyone used carpet spray adhesive for track laying?

I'm thinking of using it to stick the cork sheet to the plywood baseboard surface.

Also for laying track and ballast; (ie. spray cork; press track into adhesive; spread ballast over track; press down and vacuum off surplus ballast).

Any comments will be gratefully accepted.

John Isherwood.