Loksound v5 aux wires x 5 ??

Piemanlarger

I've got this v5 loksound 8 pin chip.

The 8 I'm ok with. I hope!

The 5 wires on the " oyter" end though have me scratching me head!

Is the red wire common ?

What are the others for?

White?

Black?

Gap

Gap

Purple ?

Green ??

I have looked at the loksound book but I'm not sure so thought I'd ask for a layman's answer?

20210123_204426.jpg

3 of the 5 wires are for use with the ESU stay alive power pack ,those being red , black and white 

I think I snipped off the other 2 wires as they weren't needed .

the wires at the other end cater for all the motor , pick up and lighting needs in my loco's .

if not using a stay alive they can be either cut or insulated. 

On 24/01/2021 at 12:16, Piemanlarger said:

Thanks for your replies

My idiot actions saw me blowing the amp on the sound chip this morning so plans are back to the drawing board. 

But this information is stored for reference. 

Thank you.

Who did you buy the decoder from, as have a word to see if it can be done under warranty.

Charlie DCKits-Legomanbiffo Sounds

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi , Quick education, Im new to the v5 as mainly had v4s. I have just purchased a v5 from lego recently. I see that aux 1 and 2 are green and purple respectively. Apart from these 2, I see there are other Auxs for the 5 [pale green, pink ,aux 7,8,9]- are these assigned to any function key or are they dependent on the programmer assigning them..? 

thanks to anyone who knows..

mark

43 minutes ago, Marcoblanco said:

Hi , Quick education, Im new to the v5 as mainly had v4s. I have just purchased a v5 from lego recently. I see that aux 1 and 2 are green and purple respectively. Apart from these 2, I see there are other Auxs for the 5 [pale green, pink ,aux 7,8,9]- are these assigned to any function key or are they dependent on the programmer assigning them..? 

All ESU function outputs are user-assignable.  The function mapping (CV changes) allows just about any conceivable combination of key, direction, movement, etc..   They may have initial values applied to them by the sound project writer. If not set by the sound project writer, the ESU manuals detail the factory initial values. 
I recommend using a computer device for function mapping changes - either a LokProgrammer or JMRI/DecoderPro connected to a programming track.  The number of CVs involved is astronomical (hundreds of them).  

Thanks. arr ok so I'm presuming lego doesn't assign them to other keys. A bit beyond my experience ,having a programmer.. wow train sets are getting very scientific these days!! maybe its worth assigning a function to a function number that isn't used.

On 18/04/2021 at 22:32, Marcoblanco said:

Thanks. arr ok so I'm presuming lego doesn't assign them to other keys. A bit beyond my experience ,having a programmer.. wow train sets are getting very scientific these days!! maybe its worth assigning a function to a function number that isn't used.

Any function can be re-mapped if required, just ask before ordering:  Charlie-DCkits-Legomanbiffo