DR5000/Z21 app programming help needed

Southwich

Apologies for the complete noddy question. I’m using a DR5000 with the Z21 app which I’ve setup this afternoon. Is there a way to read all of the CVS and settings from the current loco (or use a default) rather than having to go through and assign the buttons to the functions etc? I’m using a LokSound V5.

Thanks in advance,

Will

5 hours ago, WIMorrison said:

Nope, you can do that with Railcom+ and an ECoS but not with a DR5000 and the Z21 Application

Thanks Iain - think I’ll stick with JMRI through then DR5000 then with the idea to upgrade to iTrain in the future.

Kind regards,

Will

13 hours ago, Southwich said:

Thanks Iain - think I’ll stick with JMRI through then DR5000 then with the idea to upgrade to iTrain in the future.

Kind regards,

Will

I have similar plans.

When I first started out in DCC I was very fussy and had the same CV allocated ti each function type on all of my locos. All programming is with the sprog with a sprog and I just copy a loco in the z21 app and edit it. A bit manual but ok

Not having many sound locos this isn't much of a pain but I really wish there was a simple database I could access on a pc that the z21 app could read!

Last night I struggled programming a DR4018 accessory decoder using z21 so ended up with using JMRI. Without it I'd be lost in DCC.

I hope it all goes well!

• Thanks 1