BRM and RMweb Gold - ways to access BRM?

97xx

Am considering the Gold membership.

Can I confirm a couple of things?

1. I understand I can't access editions from the LIBRARY should my membership lapse, but what about the ones I have effectively 'bought' during my period of subscription?
  2. Is a web browser the only portal to access the magazine? In other words, no 'native' apps can access them directly? I ask as it's a bit painting the hall through the letterbox if you want to access a magazine on an iPad then?

Thanks.

• RMweb Gold

I use the gold route -

• Not sure about your (1), but I assume we lose them at the end as this is a bonus access not a purchase.
  • The Exact Editions App gives me access via my i-pad and I-phone as well as through the browser. (Android use, presumably something similar)
  • The i-pad allows page rotation to either portrait or landscape so for most pages is easier to read in portrait but double page images can be seen in l'scape.
  • The bonus, and is why I think your (1) answer is lose them at end of subscription, you access the archive back to 2010 via Gold. I see it as a subscription to access a library not individual purchases.

The BRM freebies I have, plus anything I bought pre-Gold are in the PocketMags app; that split in the Apps I think emphasises the difference.

Hope that helps and that someone from BRM can confirm.

Edited by john new
Clarity
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, john new said:

that someone from BRM can confirm.

Thanks John, all correct. The Exact access (look at it as rental of all mags) is different from the Pocket mags subscription where you retain the purchased issues if you end the subscription (but you never get the back issue access unless you take out a periodic back issue offer or purchase older issues).

• Like 1