Carl

Annnnd it's assembled!  Is it perfect?  No!  Would I do things differently if I did it again?  Yes!  Am I proud of it?  Very much so.

There are a few little jobs to do before it's completely done :

- Slightly adjust a couple of the rails to ensure they meet optimally

I need to clear up the little nubs off the chairs, where I cut them from the sprues

- Actually secure the chairs to the base

- Attach droppers (which in turn will secure the checkrails in place, a couple of them are a little loose.)

- Cut isolating gaps

Then I can stick it on the layout, and start laying the rest of the track on the scenic section ...

IMG_2206.JPG.37163a1b9761a9cc463496b7f965feb6.JPG

IMG_2211.JPG.ac31ad6904b3e025590caa0a9162cd21.JPG

Edited by Carl
  • Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Premium

Interested to see you doing this, Carl. I’m going to be doing exactly the same thing, so nice to know it ought to work!

Currently finding it takes literally hours to get a DXF into Fusion, which is a pain!

• Like 1

Hi,

That's interesting, it only takes a few seconds to import a .dxf for me.  If you continue to have problems, if you send me a .dxf, I could re-save it as a .f3d file to see if that works any better for you?

I printed the base for an AV7 turnout last night, but that didn't go quite as well!  I paused the print mid-way through to add more resin, and the layers after that point didn't adhere to the earlier ones for some reason.  I'll try again later, although I'll probably end up ordering one from Finetrax anyway since I need the chairs and the cast frog (if only to make it match my other points.)

• RMweb Premium

Resin was a different temperature I presume. 

Interesting about the DXFs, it literally takes a couple of hours for me, I just end up leaving it, and that’s only doing timber outlines and rail centre layers too. Admittedly bigger formations - FV20 crossovers, so complexity perhaps scales exponentially. 

Just now, njee20 said:

Confusingly I've just tried again and it was much quicker. No excuses now, I'll have to give it a go. Well, apart from the lack of a baseboard to mount it on.

Please post a photo of it once you've printed it!

• Like 1

A quick preview of what I’m been up to this week - one type of the Greater Manchester Waste Authority binliner containers.

There’s more fettling to do, especially around the door end of the container, and I’m sure I can make the final printed result much better.  This was printed with the support on the top of the container, which is why it looks so poor, and some of the walls were way too thin.

I’ll be doing a test print in OO tomorrow, this one is N.

Once it’s finished, I’ll be making the final model freely available in N, OO, and 1:1 so you can scale it yourself if required.

I couldn’t have created this without@pharrc20 and his photos, thanks Paul!

C2F014AF-327F-4A02-95F7-6629DD3E07AD.jpeg

47343980-01D7-49F2-A63A-5E111120E549.jpeg

BD02222F-19B1-47BB-810A-8F2129910CFE.jpeg

0C2A8988-72D5-4DAE-B340-5BDA1B5E603A.png

70931EB5-745C-40A4-9097-348D7E10C07F.png

F11752A9-7BDC-48D8-A2E3-0EC97F021980.png

Edited by Carl
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• 4 weeks later...

Lnerge, sorry for not replying sooner, I've only just seen this this morning!  That's a great photo, thanks for posting it!

I was there on the 1st April, and there was some work being done on the down branch, and it looks like a couple of the workers had spotted an issue with the left-most diamond in your photo.

What work was being done there?

I would really appreciate seeing more photos from that visit!