Railway & Modelling Obituaries

'Hue Jarse' - Frank Cox, the-siding.co.uk

Guest Damo

Hello all,

I'm just writing a quick note to let you know that my father Frank, an infrequent poster but regular visiting forum member under the name 'Hue Jarse', passed away at home unexpectedly on Sunday, while taking an afternoon nap. It's possible that you may have come across his photography website https://the-siding.co.uk at some point, which I will endeavor to keep online. He was a regular visitor to model exhibitions across the UK, particularly those in southern England, and had amassed a varied collection of stock in 00 gauge, but in recent times had also begun exploring the world of O gauge. A lifelong enthusiast, this no doubt played a part in my choice of career as a train driver today. Growing up in the late 90s/early 00s, we'd always manage to escape for a while on Saturday shopping expeditions with Mum to the nearest model shop or railway station, a regular duo being Beatties then the station in Reading back in the late 90s/early 00s. Same on family holidays across the UK! An electronics engineer by trade, in more recent times he advised me on the technical side of things in what ended up to be the winning layout in the then-SNCF Society's box file modelling competition a couple of years ago. Below is a photo taken at the Great Central Railway, where I had the chance to swap my usual cabs of Desiros and Junipers for the secondman's side of a 25, while he "showed me how it's really done" on a "proper" train.

To sum him up, I couldn't have asked for a better Dad.

Damon

dad.jpg.17d863262d930557f5703fff81c05f5e.jpg

Edited by Guest