Braeside Models: The Scratchbuild Commissions of Brian McCulloch

On 11/03/2021 at 19:07, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Just catching up on this thread. Absolutely stunning work. :)

That's a lovely reaction to something that has only recently turned into my job. It helps reassure me that I haven't made a mistake!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, David Bell said:

I don't know where you get the patience to paint all those bricks!

Thanks David .. there is a bit of trickery involved - I only highlight a few bricks, the rest of the work is more 'broad-brush' to give subtle changes in colour.

On 17/03/2021 at 18:50, Enterprisingwestern said:

Right, that's it, mines going in the bin!!

Mike.

I must admit that I do have some trepidation given I will have to make the building which sits next to Brian's on the layout. if it does not measure up it will be in the bin as well!

David

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, David Bell said:

I must admit that I do have some trepidation given I will have to make the building which sits next to Brian's on the layout. if it does not measure up it will be in the bin as well!

David

We'll have to go halves on a bin!!

Mike.

• Funny 2

10 hours ago, David Bell said:

I'm sure you won't mess it up! But if you do - that's another commission in the bag?

• Funny 1

As I mentioned, I have a little test track that I'm jazzing up - so it can be used to add instant railway to the dioramas.

It now has 2 x tracks so I can test 4mm / OO and 4mm / P4 locos and stock.

Here's my lovely SLW 24 in P4 getting to potter around the harbour ..

bm-diorama-harbour-FLICKR-01.jpg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

On 20/03/2021 at 10:15, brylonscamel said:

David, I forgot to ask about that building, is it documented? It certainly looks quite hidden from any of the photos we unearthed!

Hi Brian,

It is this one. Not so very much to it so i am happy to have a go. Have not seen what the other elevations look like yet!

GQS 050.jpg

• Like 2

Some natural depth-of-field was available on a beautifully bright day - who wouldn't join me in a scene like this, watching some freight traffic pass with nothing but the sound of  gentle wind and a Sulzer 6LDA?

bm-diorama-hillside-FLICKR-08.jpg

Edited by brylonscamel
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/04/2021 at 23:05, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Stunning, just stunning. The colours are perfect, the bridge, the ruined cottage, the whole scene. 

Thanks Eddie - sorry for the delayed acknowledgement but my head has been in 'resin-casting' mode for a few weeks!