Inverness Depot Fuelling Point Photos Request

JohnH

Has anyone any photos of the trackside view of the fuelling arrangements at Inverness depot in the early 1980's?

I've plenty of shots of the sides of the two corrugated iron 'sheds' that acted as shelters for the pipework/pumps/etc but none from the locos view which would show how the equipment was laid out.

I'm hoping to build a representation of these fuelling arrangements for a 4mm diorama.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply Graham.

I've already got plenty of pictures of the sides and back of the 'shelters' but it's still nice to have another one :)  (and yours is a cracker!)

The shot I'm really after is the view looking out of the 26's engine room door.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link Jim .

I've not seen that aspect of the fueller at Aberdeen before - only the sides and back :) A very useful shot and I'll base the model on that if no one comes up with a similar view of Inverness.

Thanks again.

On 30/01/2021 at 17:35, Siberian Snooper said:

Have you seen the Highland Sulzers thread,  by Indomitable? He's doing a model of that area of IS. Sorry no link, I'm a bit of a numpty doing links on my tablet.

I hadn't seen the thread and thanks for pointing it out! There's a link to a photo by Bob Shand on flickr that shows just the view I'm looking for.

Many thanks again.

This photo doesn't show you the inside but it does show the grill for excess fuel between the shed and the loco. Also a slightly larger image of some the equipment outside the shed.

It also shows that a photographer would have to walk all the way to the side of the new carriage shed to get a decent shot. As the cut-off lines were in the way then this would have taken quite a while and most enthusiasts would not have had the time.

629937881_27065Inverness.jpg.fcaf527e86ddec0971c370a1a487ae54.jpg

Edited by Flood
Added picture, doh
  • Like 1

More of the general area:

Inverness Shed  - with a Class 40 amongst the '47s.  Sep'83.

Picture by David Christie, pretty large image when clicked. Note the steps to the right leading to the two sheds.

Between the two sheds, nice Not To Be Moved sign

Simmering in Sunshine

Photo by Paul Bettany

Edited by Flood
  • Like 2

One more from Flickr showing the stairs.

Inverness depot

Photo by Timothy Saunders

From the photos above there was a good chance that either locos or coaching stock would block a photo. That Aberdeen photo is a bit of a find.

Edited by Flood
  • Like 2