Kibri Litzirüti RhB Station

MichaelE

I recently bought a Kibri kit of the Litzirüti RhB station and I'm currently assembling it. It's a wonderful kit, very precise with the molding and is going together quite nicely.

I looked up this station on the internet for some additional details and found that this kit looks nothing like the actual station at Litzirüti. Even after the renovation in 2014.

Would anyone have an idea of why Kibri did not make this kit exactly like the real world station?

1_Bahnhof_Litzir%C3%BCti_%28Schweiz%29.j

Kibri model:

s-l640.jpg

You ask a good question to which I do not have an answer apart from to say that many of the kit manufacturers change the name of the station kits over a period of time. 

For example the Blausee Mitholz structure has appeared in various plastic mouldings over the years carrying different names I understand. I think that was Kibri too.

companies try to get the best value from their equipment even if they deviate from using the correct station names from time to time.

the basic tooling for some of these kits is decades old.

Peter

• Like 1

Many manufacturers re use some or all of the parts of one kit in another, sometimes the same function sometimes a completely new function, there are at least 2 Faller buildings I have had that have been changed significantly over the years, as an example Schwarzburg Station has had some bits removed to become this years Town Hall, that said it does actually look remarkably close to the station at Shwarzburg, The Kibri kits are not in my experience quite as good for accuracy as the Faller ones, or can sometimes be slightly misleading, for instance the Kibri Miltenberg gate house is a lovely house with a stone arch gateway in Miltenberg, but it's not either the bridge gate or gate tower that Miltenberg is known for. What you actually want is the Faller kit https://www.faller.de/gb/en/Products/Product-archive/Track-HO/Railway-stations-Railway-buildings/Railway-stations/Litzirüti-Station-sid3906.html which is as close as you are likely to get in a kit for that particular station.

Yep, after some research I found the same thing.

The Oberried kit turns the upper level around 180°. The back of the Litzirüti station is the exact front of the Oberried station.

Faller made a very nice kit of Litzirüti but it discontinued.

I know, I know. I'm going to check to see if the kit has Oberried placards and call it that. I'll have to find a Faller kit that I can afford. I saw one on eBay that was €94. I don't want to spend quite that much right now.

Except for filling the flowerboxes and fixing the signs I'm going to call it finished. I'll be filling the boxes later today, and when I get print cartridges for my printer I'll fix the signs.

I added an awning to the front because it looks better with it than without it, and I also did not like the destination sign perched on the top of the information booth. I wanted the sign hanging under the awning. Kibri included this sign as a part for another kit, like so many spare parts that are included. Bicycles are another and I may add a couple of those too after I paint them up.
Also added were a couple of hanging lamps, a route map and train information beside the automated ticket dispenser on the side on the building.

The structure sits on a bed of Sculptimold and was applied to the sub-roadbed and a piece of Saran wrap was placed over the wet Sculptimold and the structure pressed into it to level the building. The sub-roadbed is not level at this point. The building sits on a nice little rise and the Sculptimold was gently angled down from the foundation, ramps, and steps. 

When I was satisfied, I removed the building and the Saran wrap and let it dry for a few hours and then painted it to match the rest of the area. Grass was applied, and I used many of the conifers I bought last year and this year to populate the area. 

This upper level where the RhB line runs is going to be mostly rural and sparsely populated with only a few houses and maybe a shop or two. There's not much room on this upper level and the ring inside the track is only eight inches wide all the way around.

Y4Ree5P.jpg

sncicRy.jpg

mTte2im.jpg

VWEhO8c.jpg

d863Nqg.jpg

6KqIkJK.jpg

cTSAZG6.jpg

KO7mX7o.jpg

dDpGCYV.jpg

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1