Jump to content

We have expanded our operation with a new warehouse for mail order processing and are recruiting for new team members.


Recommended Posts

Hello Kernow,

 

Can I ask what arrangements you have for exporting to the EU?

 

Kind regards,

 

Philip

 

Oh, and I wish you the best in your new endeavour.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that I come in to store, both are much too far away even in normal times, but will you be altering how you report stock levels?

 

Currently on the website we see levels in Camborne only, but as both shops are remote from the warehouse will there be an adjustment at some point to record in store stock levels for both shops and/or the warehouse?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, woodenhead said:

Not that I come in to store, both are much too far away even in normal times, but will you be altering how you report stock levels?

 

Currently on the website we see levels in Camborne only, but as both shops are remote from the warehouse will there be an adjustment at some point to record in store stock levels for both shops and/or the warehouse?

 

As in the post above the website now reflects the warehouse stock. We are unable currently to show the two store stock levels separately online, but for any customer using the click and collect service, we as we have with Guildford, we will ensure their order is available in a timely manner. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kernow MRC Thank you for the link, however, there is no mention of deducted VAT from items ordered from Kernow for delivery within the EU (unless I missed it), though it does mention deduction of 1/6th VAT on books etc., for those living OUTSIDE of the EU. Does the item relating to the EU need updating? Is there an option for having items delivered by Royal Mail as I understand they do not add an extra delivery charge for collection of VAT (presumably La Poste has a reciprocal agreement), whereas DPD et al so do.

 

Kind regards,

 

Philip

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Philou said:

@Kernow MRC Thank you for the link, however, there is no mention of deducted VAT from items ordered from Kernow for delivery within the EU (unless I missed it), though it does mention deduction of 1/6th VAT on books etc., for those living OUTSIDE of the EU. Does the item relating to the EU need updating? Is there an option for having items delivered by Royal Mail as I understand they do not add an extra delivery charge for collection of VAT (presumably La Poste has a reciprocal agreement), whereas DPD et al so do.

 

Kind regards,

 

Philip

 

Sorry, we will update and advise separately, to keep this thread on topic, in due course.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news Chris and team... :D

 

I noticed on a parcel which arrived today the new Scurrier address and was about to mention it. 

 

Excellent service as ever. Ordered a Bachmann 90xx on the 27th after closing. Dispatched on the 28th and arrived in the West Riding today... ;)

 

In other news spoke to a very helpful member of staff in the shop this afternoon. I think it was Kevin who kindly sorted out my Model Rail 16xx order for me.

 

Congratulations to you all and brilliant news for the local economy. 

 

Cheers, 

 

Mark 

Edited by 46444
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold

Cornwall has long been described as England's poorest county, so creating genuine employment is a great advance. This is in strong contrast to the seasonal gig-economy jobs that tourism generates, or "McDonalds Jobs" as the unions often describe them. 

 

OTOH it is an ill wind that blows no-one any good, and I hear Cornish bookings for the coming holiday season are booming well above 'normal' levels. So Covid may have decimated overseas holidays, but has driven up demand for staying in Blighty. Let's hope infection trends have lowered sufficiently by Summer for those bookings to fructify. 

 

I hear some sort of international jolly is planned for early Summer in Carbis Bay. The locals do not seem all that chuffed, so I hear. 

  • Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/01/2021 at 10:54, Oldddudders said:

Cornwall has long been described as England's poorest county, so creating genuine employment is a great advance. This is in strong contrast to the seasonal gig-economy jobs that tourism generates, or "McDonalds Jobs" as the unions often describe them. 

 

OTOH it is an ill wind that blows no-one any good, and I hear Cornish bookings for the coming holiday season are booming well above 'normal' levels. So Covid may have decimated overseas holidays, but has driven up demand for staying in Blighty. Let's hope infection trends have lowered sufficiently by Summer for those bookings to fructify. 

 

I hear some sort of international jolly is planned for early Summer in Carbis Bay. The locals do not seem all that chuffed, so I hear. 

I know one local for whom 'not all that chuffed' would be an understatement. In the annals of international lunacy, holding a G7 summit in Carbis Bay must rank at the top of the list. I keep visualising Biden lugging his suitcase up three flights of stairs (there are no elevators in that hotel) and all those stretched limos grounding on the steep slope and sharp bend that coincide right on the bridge over the railway! I suppose the one road in and out is good for security but then a railway goes right past the windows. (CJL)

Edited by dibber25
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, dibber25 said:

I know one local for whom 'not all that chuffed' would be an understatement. In the annals of international lunacy, holding a G7 summit in Carbis Bay must rank at the top of the list. I keep visualising Biden lugging his suitcase up three flights of stairs (there are no elevators in that hotel) and all those stretched limos grounding on the steep slope and sharp bend that coincide right on the bridge over the railway! I suppose the one road in and out is good for security but then a railway goes right past the windows. (CJL)

The hotel has had a major upgrade with lodges overlooking the beach.  So fewer stairs, perhaps.

 

However the limos will get stuck and the Secret Service won’t cope with the heavy traffic on the A30 roundabout!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/01/2021 at 17:11, mevaman1 said:

The hotel has had a major upgrade with lodges overlooking the beach.  So fewer stairs, perhaps.

 

However the limos will get stuck and the Secret Service won’t cope with the heavy traffic on the A30 roundabout!

Cornish double roundabouts and widening of the A30 between Carland Cross and Chivvy will see them unlikely to get there!

 

It is still a trap, low paid seasonal work and no real long term prospects, that means that despite three rounds of EU funding the GVA in Cornwall still remains behind the rest of the UK, and every year more a playground of the second/third homeowners. Steps off soapbox and rants down an adit.

 

All congrats to Kernow and their continued growth. Long may it continue.

 

Kernow bys vyken

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.