Hattons 21 pin 6 function decoder

andyman7

The description of the Hattons 21 Pin decoder on their website states that it might not work with Hornby DCC controllers but does not elaborate. Does anyone have any experiences with these decoders that they would like to relate; and can anyone elaborate on the Hornby issue?

Thanks....

https://www.hattons.co.uk/403552/hattons_originals_dcr_21pin_direct_v2_21_pin_6_function_1_1amp_direct_plug_decoder_with_back_emf/stockdetail.aspx

Zimo MX63820.5x15.5x4mm
1.2A continuous / 2.5A peak
Stay-Alive via LifeLink/SACC16 if model provides connections
6 Functions
21pin MTC direct plug-in version£20
ECONOMY £20.00

MX638D21pin

why not use this works with anything for a couple of quid more

• Thanks 1

On 29/01/2021 at 16:43, andyman7 said:

The description of the Hattons 21 Pin decoder on their website states that it might not work with Hornby DCC controllers but does not elaborate. Does anyone have any experiences with these decoders that they would like to relate; and can anyone elaborate on the Hornby issue?

Thanks....

https://www.hattons.co.uk/403552/hattons_originals_dcr_21pin_direct_v2_21_pin_6_function_1_1amp_direct_plug_decoder_with_back_emf/stockdetail.aspx

Hi Andy. I've first hand experience with the hattons dcc decoders as I purchased 2 class 66s that were dcc fitted with the hattons 21 pin 6 function decoder. So when I put them track to test them they would lurch forward very fast and do nothing after that even if the controller was set to power notch zero. No response to function keys either. Ended up returning them to hattons. I've got a Hornby select with the latest firmware. I've got a sound fitted one that works fine as it's esu. But the dcc fitted ones use their own decoders and they don't work.

Regards Gary 

• Thanks 1