Legoman Biffo Janus sound project

Ruston

I have the above fitted into my Oxford Janus. The LB website says that it has a brake function on F5 but all it seems to do is make a brake sound and makes no difference to the stopping distance of the loco after the throttle is closed. Even on relaively low speeds it takes well over 12 inches to come to a stop, which makes it virtually useless as a shunter. Is the F5 supposed to work as a brake or is it just a sound? If it is a brake, is there a CV I can alter to make it work? If it isn't a brake, is there a CV that I can alter to bring it to a stop sooner after closing the throttle?

Thanks

All versions of my Janus shunter sound project have got the ESU manual brake function on F5 which physically 'brakes' the train as well as making the brake application sound. I have 'factory set' it to a value I thought was about right for most users but it is entirely configurable if that doesn't suit. You can alter the severity of the brake via CV179, with a minimum value of 0 (no brake function) and a maximum of 255 (instant stop).

Hope this helps,

Bif

• Thanks 1