3mm Scale Loco Kit Identification Help

Chris-GNR

Hello all....

I have a collection of 3mm finescale loco & rolling stock kits that I’m looking to list on eBay soon & I’m struggling to definitively identify one of them. My thoughts are it maybe a MR/LMS Johnson 2F 0-6-0t or possibly options for an open cab Johnson 3F 0-6-0t? 

Sadly no instructions with this one so no obvious indication there. The etch does have Craftsman Models on it so I’m assuming it’s origins are a 4mm scale etch from their range reduced for the 3mm society.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

48F44853-D0B5-4D33-A5E1-6DF6E4E8E820.jpeg

• RMweb Premium

Failing all else measuring the coupling rods might give a clue. 7’4”x 7’8” for a 1F and 8’x 8’6” for the later/larger 3FT Jinty types. So around 21x 22.5mm or 24x 25.5mm ( very rough figures ). Best guess is the 1F though.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Failing all else measuring the coupling rods might give a clue. 7’4”x 7’8” for a 1F and 8’x 8’6” for the later/larger 3FT Jinty types. So around 21x 22.5mm or 24x 25.5mm ( very rough figures ). Best guess is the 1F though.

One of the things about the Craftsman 1F kit, I recall reading in an article in MRJ many years ago, is that it represents only one version as they had different types with two different wheelbases. Some were 7ft 4ins x 8ft 2ins. I can't remember which ne the kit represents though.

Having thought about it, I am pretty convinced the kit is the 1F.

• Thanks 1