Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

16 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Seems the fans on Youtube are not all happy - they want modern and no duplicates.

First, why can't Accurascale do steam, and avoiding duplication is difficult today.

It looks an inspired choice to me.

Clearly they couldn't work out that this model was started many months before Dapol announced theirs

• Like 3
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

Whilst I’m a modern image modeller, this looks fantastic, and agreeing with previous comments, what fantastic value by current comparisons!

Great to see Accurascale going from strength to strength, well done guys.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Die cast boiler as well as frames according to the video. Should give a good weight for haulage. 

I think the vid mentioned 300g which is excellent news, the Bachmann 94xx is 280g and that has no problems with significant haulage at that weight.

(see post below )

Edited by PMP
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Die cast boiler as well as frames according to the video. Should give a good weight for haulage. 

Loco without tender is around 400g

Edited by McC
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Hello Accurascale

Well done on this announcement - I intend to get Nos.7810 and 7812.

Putting my 'Poll Team hat' on for a moment, the Manor has been in The Top 50 of (what was) The Annual 00 Wishlist Poll since 2014. 

In 2019 (the final 'full' Poll), the loco was the most-wanted GWR loco and came in overall 2nd position - just two votes behind the USATC S-160.

All the very best with the project!

Brian

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I'm very happy that Accurascale are further ahead with theirs than Dapol, it's nice to see other manufactures getting more opportunities. Well done for listening to what the market wants and all the best with this guys! 

Let's hope the 'wonderfully smooth operating motor' will get a wonderfully realistic gear ratio. I feel the 'Gearing arranged so locomotive can achieve a scale top speed of 90 mph' is inappropriate. Manors ran out of puff above 40mph...

Edited by Miss Prism
  • Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 2