Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

A pleasure to have met Gareth at Warley, Tyseley and then at the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway to survey 7820 and discuss all the details and variations. Was clear from the start that he wanted to go all out with this model, I recall him noticing that you could see through under the running plate behind the front sandboxes and over the top of the brake cylinder, he said 'I really want to include that' Looks like he has too....!

Mike

https://www.facebook.com/DinmoreManorLocomotiveLtd/posts/1790480441117770

Edited by Dinmore Manor
  • Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Well that’s a bit of a coupon buster!  I feel sorry for Dapol but that’s business .  I’m also wondering if announcement 2 days ahead of the latest Bachmann announcement is significant .  Would be a good idea to let people know what’s available later in 2021 

But well done Accurascale and all those involved , it has been a much asked for model  and I think the Accurascale way will be to keep us updated on developments as they happen rather than the project disappearing  into a black hole after announcement . I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again , these guys truly are a breath of fresh air . Decent pricing too !   

Edited by Legend
  • Like 7
  • Agree 4

59 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Seems the fans on Youtube are not all happy - they want modern and no duplicates.

First, why can't Accurascale do steam, and avoiding duplication is difficult today.

I agree. Whilst it's not for me, the stuff left to do modern (loco wise) is fairly limited. I think the only loco classes present day or in the last decade (which is what I call modern, not the last 50 years) without a model (or without an EOI) are the 69, 88 and 93 and two of those aren't in traffic yet!

Even those wanting a redo of something already out there because there's a problem with it it can be a hard sell as it is competing with something that would probably have scope to drop in price.

I think fair play to AS for going into the steam market, I don't understand why some people get so upset whenever there's an announcement that's not for them!

I don't think we are hard done by in terms of choice and I definitely think that as a collective we don't struggle for things to spend our money on!

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Dinmore Manor said:

A pleasure to have met Gareth at Warley, Tyseley and then at the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway to survey 7820 and discuss all the details and variations. Was clear from the start that he wanted to go all out with this model, I recall him noticing that you could see through under the running plate behind the front sandboxes and over the top of the brake cylinder, he said 'I really want to include that' Looks like he has too....!

Mike

https://www.facebook.com/DinmoreManorLocomotiveLtd/posts/1790480441117770

Yes, he got very keen about the brake cylinder when looking between the frames on 7808 so it was even better that he got a close up view later.  I think the bogie is really something special as well particularly for an r-t-r GW 4-6-0

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 3

18 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

Let's hope the 'wonderfully smooth operating motor' will get a wonderfully realistic gear ratio. I feel the 'Gearing arranged so locomotive can achieve a scale top speed of 90 mph' is inappropriate. Manors ran out of puff above 40mph...

Except when shoved by a couple of 37s....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Very interesting, impressed such a high spec model is still at what seems to be the standard Accurascale locomotive price point. Well done. 

I presume these were an occasional visitor on the Mallaig extension? Please? :scratchhead:

• Like 3
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I remember voting for this in the initial poll! This model certainly will be amazing and will happily be ordering one.

One minor problem. All I want is 7822 "Foxcote Manor" and between 2 manufacturers it's not being produced :banghead:

Edited by SteamingWales
spelling
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, slow8dirty said:

Very interesting, impressed such a high spec model is still at what seems to be the standard Accurascale locomotive price point. Well done. 

I presume these were an occasional visitor on the Mallaig extension? Please? :scratchhead:

Pretty, yes. Now that Mallaig has been mentioned, K4s were very pretty.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

I remember voting for this in the initial poll! This model certainly will be amazing

One minor problem. All I want is 7822 "Foxcote Manor" and between 2 manufacturers it's not being produced :banghead:

Would it be possible to renumber BR 7812 to 7822 (in BR/preserved condition)? Or is there a variation in detail or BR/GWR batch changes that I am not aware of?

I would also be interested in 7822 to replace my Bachmann model.....

• Like 1

7806-plymouth-north-road-small.jpg.b75235cded23fee4364888072ffb9b0b.jpg

7806 at Plymouth North Road with its original fat chimney, so prior to its blastpipe mods. It's picked up some large boss drivers. Standard Churchward snaphead-riveted 3500g with narrow hornplates. I think the livery is unlined black (Manor liveries are a bit tricky!)

Edited by Miss Prism
image reinstated, again
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 minutes ago, MattA said:

Rails don't appear to be discounting any of the Manors though.

My apologies. I was looking quietly at the Heljan AL6s and minding my own business when these dropped on my head. I forgot that Accurascale stuff isn’t discounted the way other stuff is.

• Like 2