Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

Just now, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @60800,

We will carry a healthy array of warranty parts for all our locos (and currently do so with our wagons) but we can look into parts for sale too if demand is sufficient. 

Cheers!

Fran

Hi @Accurascale Fran,

Thanks for being open to the idea - I personally think even if you just do the chimneys as separate parts for sale that many people would be happy with that :)

Cheers,

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, SebWelsh said:

For those intending to model preserved locos in their present day condition, all but one 78XX carry 1938 built boilers which is the one Accurascale are tooling I believe.

Having done a bit of research I'm hoping to use the table illustrated as donor locos for my preserved modelling. Hope this helps anyone else, and if I've made any mistakes please correct me!

Given that it is unlikely Accurascale will tool up the second boiler, and given a lack of GWR steam knowledge to differentiate what the options are, which of the available options are closest to Lydham Manor for those accepting the wrong boiler?

• RMweb Gold
Just now, mdvle said:

Given that it is unlikely Accurascale will tool up the second boiler, and given a lack of GWR steam knowledge to differentiate what the options are, which of the available options are closest to Lydham Manor for those accepting the wrong boiler?

Hi @mdvle?

If this is in reference to different placed washout plugs we intend on doing both. Sorry if I did not confirm this previously.

HTH.

Fran

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

If this is in reference to different placed washout plugs we intend on doing both. Sorry if I did not confirm this previously.

Myself unsure, I was going by the comments and spreadsheet posted by SebWelsh that perhaps needs updating with your clarification.

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, mdvle said:

Myself unsure, I was going by the comments and spreadsheet posted by SebWelsh that perhaps needs updating with your clarification.

Apologies, I thought I typed it here but I may have been responding to a customer email. The past week has been a bit of a busy one!  :lol:

Cheers!

Fran

• Friendly/supportive 5

On 07/02/2021 at 20:23, SebWelsh said:

Having done a bit of research I'm hoping to use the table illustrated as donor locos for my preserved modelling. Hope this helps anyone else, and if I've made any mistakes please correct me!

Screenshot_20210207-202020_Sheets.jpg

That's very interesting, and makes it look like I don't need to do much at all to have Odney in my fleet! I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not!

Now, do I want the sound fitted version for extra excitement?! Mind, I think I'd want to hear the sound first, but I suspect that will appear in due course.

Cheers

J

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @mdvle?

HTH.

Fran

Apologies, I made the assumption they were all 1938 boilers in the 1st batch based on a FB PM to yourself. That's good news. Am I still correct in assuming all the first batch are fitted with the 1938 boilers and if not which is which?

Thanks

Seb

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, SebWelsh said:

Apologies, I made the assumption they were all 1938 boilers in the 1st batch based on a FB PM to yourself. That's good news. Am I still correct in assuming all the first batch are fitted with the 1938 boilers and if not which is which?

Thanks

Seb

Hi Seb,

1938 boiler

1950 boiler

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Seb,

1938 boiler

1950 boiler

Cheers!

Fran

Excellent, thank you for that info. Will be easier to model 7827 in current preserved condition and another to add to my order list! 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, gismorail said:

By the reaction on this thread I think pre-orders are defo going to be required :crazy:

There does seem to be plenty of excitement @gismorail and they have been hugely popular on pre-order so far! We certainly raised an eyebrow on their popularity so far which is very encouraging.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

There does seem to be plenty of excitement @gismorail and they have been hugely popular on pre-order so far! We certainly raised an eyebrow on their popularity so far which is very encouraging.

Cheers!

Fran

Or could it be that the models you produce are quality with strict QC rather than the " Let's see what we can get away with" attitude.

I've bought quite a few Accurascale products already so far and I'm suitably impressed.

Again, well done for providing a quality alternative to the big two manufacturers/importers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran

Hardly surprising Fran. We now look forward to the Castle and the King - kindly get on with it!!!

Colin

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Hardly surprising Fran. We now look forward to the Castle and the King - kindly get on with it!!!

Colin

I think they're the best done of the other western 4-6-0s. I would be surprised if Hornby aren't looking other their shoulder with the Black 5 and 8f though...

• Agree 3

On 03/02/2021 at 08:48, 57xx said:

I missed this announcement the other day and only spotted something by chance in another thread where someone mention "the Accurascale Manor". "A what??" I thought, before coming over to investigate. It's the last major loco purchase I actually want and like bloody buses these things, wait years for Bachmann to retool their and then two others come in quick succession.

The model and specs look nice but I've already put a deposit down on the Dapol.  I would need a good reason to jump ship (maybe if Dapol don't sort out the gearing or decide to go coreless) and pay extra. I'll be keeping an eye on both from now on, who knows....

Agreed, I found out the same way too...maybe we need a “breaking news” section on RM Web!!

This project looks fantastic though, so I will be buying at least one example from both manufacturers.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Adrock said:

Agreed, I found out the same way too...maybe we need a “breaking news” section on RM Web!!

That's pretty much what the "World of Railways" thread is in my opinion.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/152922-news-stories-on-world-of-railways/&tab=comments#comment-3898685

Edited by spamcan61
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, MatthewCarty said:

I think they're the best done of the other western 4-6-0s. I would be surprised if Hornby aren't looking other their shoulder with the Black 5 and 8f though...

Agreed but Accurascale appear to be indicating a quantum leap forwards in realism and reliability of their models.

The Hornby King is a very nice model but let down by poor paintwork. The Castle suffers not only from the same problem but also distortion problems with the running plate (as do other of their models) and large ejector pipe. These are perfectly avoidable and unacceptable QC problems and I would have purchased several more examples of the Castle if they had been corrected.

The Castle was introduced about ten years ago and the King about five years ago and are possibly no longer state of the art. If Accurascale were to produce versions of these locos to the standard promised by the Manor I wouldn't be surprised if they sold by the bucketload. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Colin

I would have thought if they were going to do another GWR loco that a Bulldog or 850 class (saddle tank and pannier) would be a far better option than duplication.

Craig W

• Like 2
  • Agree 1