Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

Mouthwatering detail, now all I need is a better than Bachmann small prarie, and either Rebuilt West country or Rebuilt Merchant Navy without boiler seams and with proper pivoting pony trucks to replace my aged Hby R/WC.  I can only dream.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Northmoor MPD said:

Are we any closer to seeing decorated samples? :D I’m very much looking forward to these! I’ve got two on preorder! 

ohh yes :) 

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, JST said:

Any news? I am getting a bit like a small child who can’t wait for Xmas now!

Did you see the image of the footplate last week? It’s on my Henley on Thames page; scroll to the end and work back!

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

Did you see the image of the footplate last week? It’s on my Henley on Thames page; scroll to the end and work back!

Found it. Accurascale you tease leaving little easter eggs in "random" threads.

(No offence meamt Neal. Just that Henley is random to me as I don't follow it)

• Like 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Flying Pig said:

I noticed 7821 in the Swindon Outlet hellhole yesterday looking like a load of baubles (old pic, but they've done it again this year).  Potential for a festive limited edition?

..and that's only the second dodgiest modification to a Manor this festive season https://www.southdevonrailway.co.uk/news/access-restrictions-at-buckfastleigh-stati/ (scroll down!) 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, MPR said:

..and that's only the second dodgiest modification to a Manor this festive season https://www.southdevonrailway.co.uk/news/access-restrictions-at-buckfastleigh-stati/ (scroll down!) 

Ooooh my !!!

it actually does look strangely American, it actually suits the role its dressed up for.

Just chuck some logs into the tender and paint a big number on it.

Whats going on, on the running plate close to the footplate ?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Ooooh my !!!

it actually does look strangely American, it actually suits the role its dressed up for.

Looks to be some sort of cover for the name plate.

I think they also put their own nameplate on too. Something to do with the Polar Express. Saw a video of it running, but do not recall where I saw it to link it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Ooooh my !!!

Something to do with the contract terms that thd loco has to loose its actual identity while running Polar Express trains. Spa Valley have had to de-name/number Sir Keith Park for their trains. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Something to do with the contract terms that thd loco has to loose its actual identity while running Polar Express trains. Spa Valley have had to de-name/number Sir Keith Park for their trains. 

If its anything like the weardale polar express its Disney controlled and a huge chunk of the dosh goes to them.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, No Decorum said:

A bit more American and hence a bit more natural? Accurascale, take it as a hint, by all means.

polar-express_22ig2.jpg

I have absolutely no use for an S160 but if Accurascale produced one I'd have to invoke Rule 1. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, The Stationmaster said:

As it can only run chimney first in one direction what happens when it is running tender first?

It doesn't, a chap who looks an awful lot like Tom Hanks opens the corridor door at the other end of the train and using a walkie talkie the train carefully reverses.

Or maybe they have gone full Disney and the windows have all been replaced with screens, it just looks like the train is moving when in fact a bunch of volunteers simply rock the carriages.

• Funny 8