Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, confused said:

That's a lot of money for some of us OAP's!

From what I can gather, I don’t think you’ll find better value for money in a DCC sound package than this when you take the research, the software development and the hardware into account.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

With all this talk about announcements etc. on Monday..... I wonder if this is when we will see the running / sounds samples of my reserved Manor loco.

At least I don't need to worry with the phrase "nothing here for me" as I have a Manor on pre-order..... 

Running and sound samples of the Manor could divert attention away from Hornby and Rapido.... 6am on YouTube anyone? Lol :D

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5

Just a Brexshite question for those of us living in Europe. Will the Rules of Origin applying to UK exports to the EU as from 1st January affect duties? If so can I order one from Ireland instead?

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, JST said:

Just a Brexshite question for those of us living in Europe. Will the Rules of Origin applying to UK exports to the EU as from 1st January affect duties? If so can I order one from Ireland instead?

Yes. When you visit the Accurascale website, it recognises that we are in the EU and allows you to place the order in Euros, which will then be fulfilled from Ireland, which is obviously in the EU.

It should mean the DHL delivery will fly through with no customs / delivery issues.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, JST said:

Thanks Neal. I think I may need to shift my order although I have asked Hattons to comment first.

Hattons are registered for VAT in several EU countries. This means items just arrive at your door  There is no need for additional payments if you live in one of those coubtries.

Accurascale are also very good at dealing with this and remove difficulties for customers.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, JST said:

you should be auto detected but https://accurascale.com is European based billing, shipping and company. 

The website is also available in German, Spanish, French and Dutch if it helps :)

Edited by McC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BR Blue said:

Hattons are registered for VAT in several EU countries. This means items just arrive at your door  There is no need for additional payments if you live in one of those coubtries.

Accurascale are also very good at dealing with this and remove difficulties for customers.

Yes thanks I understand that and have benefitted from this on lots of Hattons orders. I was just wondering if the Rules of Origin were going to add costs because it is duties rather than VAT.

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately we still have pay VAT :(

Just to add, you are usually charged a handling fee to process the VAT payment, if there is one, by the delivery company. Thats why it is good when you order from Accurascale, the package just arrives. Same with Hattons if they are VAT registered in your country of residence. Obviously none of this applies if you live in the US or further afield.

Edited by BR Blue
More info and spelling
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, JST said:

Yes thanks I understand that and have benefitted from this on lots of Hattons orders. I was just wondering if the Rules of Origin were going to add costs because it is duties rather than VAT.

15 hours ago, BR Blue said:

There are no duties on model trains as they are classified as Toys as far as I know.

15 hours ago, BR Blue said:

Unfortunately we still have pay VAT :(

just to add, you are usually chaned a handling fee to process the VAT payment, if there is one, by the delivery company. Thats why it is good when you order from Accurascale, the package just arrives. Same with Hattons if they are VAT registered in your country of residence. Obviously none of this applies if you live in the US or further afield.

However…. Certainly in Spain at the moment…. Any parcel coming from the uk is subject to huge delays at customs. 6 to 8 weeks is now the norm. Plus the Vat and processing charge.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I ask Hattons the question and got this re-assuring reply:-

"Hello John.

Thank you for contacting us.

I am happy to reassure you about the current customs rules for our shipments to France. The shipments come under two classes IOSS and DDP.
IOSS 'Import One-Stop Shop' is charged on orders valued at €150 or less. This means that VAT is applied at the time of checkout with us.
DDP 'Delivered Duties Paid' is charged on orders over €150 in value. This means that VAT is displayed and included when your order is placed and processed.

We are fully registered and all of the appropriate and up to date paperwork will go with every shipment. These commercial invoices do contain the declaration for Country of Origin.

We do have a dedicated TAX webpage that is regularly updated on the link below;

https://www.hattons.co.uk/list/eventdetails?eventid=113

Thank you once again, and please do get back to us if we can be of further assistance."

Both my outstanding pre-orders are over £150 so DDP will apply as usual with my Hattons parcels! We will see how the customs delays go but my experience with DDP parcels thus far is that they arrive from Hattons within 5 days.

• Informative/Useful 1

My apologies if I am teaching granny to suck eggs.  However DDP (Delivered Duty Paid) is an Incoterm.

There are are a number of Incoterms which are legally agreed terms for international trade.  They were first formally introduced in 1923 but have a significant history before that time, from memory they go back to the 17th century and the formation of Lloyds.  They were created to make the carrying and transfer of risk and transport costs in international trade simple and definable.  Details can be seen here, Wikipedia being your friend (other websites are available):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incoterms

The whole thing defines risk and payments and who in an international transaction involving the transport and insurance of goods from one party to another.  Interestingly when I was introduced to the subject in my MSc degree the concept of the "Ships Rail" was important.  If the consignment was dropped from the crane and it fell into the sea then one party (depending on the agreed Incoterm) carried the risk and if it fell onto the ship's deck then the other party carried the risk.  This definition was only removed in the last 5 years.

In this case, when the retailer states the terms are DDP then there is no freight or duty to be paid by the consignee, the terms being "Delivered, Duty Paid" and all freight and duty costs have therefore been paid by the consignor.  IOSS is, to my knowledge, not an Incoterm but a local concept.

Best regards

Edited by MG 7305
Grammar
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, MG 7305 said:

IOSS is, to my knowledge, not an Incoterm but a local concept.

Best regards

IOSS isn't an Incoterm but it's relevant to transactions with the EU.

https://support.sendcloud.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4402393341716-How-to-add-your-IOSS-number-#:~:text=and VAT numbers.-,What is an IOSS number%3F,consists of 12 alphanumeric characters.

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, JST said:

I ask Hattons the question and got this re-assuring reply:-

"Hello John.

Thank you for contacting us.

I am happy to reassure you about the current customs rules for our shipments to France. The shipments come under two classes IOSS and DDP.
IOSS 'Import One-Stop Shop' is charged on orders valued at €150 or less. This means that VAT is applied at the time of checkout with us.
DDP 'Delivered Duties Paid' is charged on orders over €150 in value. This means that VAT is displayed and included when your order is placed and processed.

We are fully registered and all of the appropriate and up to date paperwork will go with every shipment. These commercial invoices do contain the declaration for Country of Origin.

We do have a dedicated TAX webpage that is regularly updated on the link below;

https://www.hattons.co.uk/list/eventdetails?eventid=113

Thank you once again, and please do get back to us if we can be of further assistance."

Both my outstanding pre-orders are over £150 so DDP will apply as usual with my Hattons parcels! We will see how the customs delays go but my experience with DDP parcels thus far is that they arrive from Hattons within 5 days.

Hi John,

I also live in France and recently called off some items from my Hattons trunk and requested that they refund the VAT I paid on original checkout, as I usually have to pay TVA and customs when La Poste deliver. They were reluctant to do this, explaining their proceedure as you have received from them. I will need to drill down further, particularly if I have to pay the postman next week when it arrives. I do not find their response offers best service to EU based customers.

I have also placed orders with Accurascale in Ireland for ease of obtaining their product.

Bill

Bill,

I have found that paying VAT in the UK via Hattons is the cheapest option. The danger of doing it the other way is that not only do you risk paying TVA on the price paid but also the postage cost as well as the admin fee here in France. I look forward to hearing how it works out for you.

Cheers

John

On 08/01/2022 at 12:37, Neal Ball said:

When you visit the Accurascale website, it recognises that we are in the EU and allows you to place the order in Euros, which will then be fulfilled from Ireland, which is obviously in the EU.

It should mean the DHL delivery will fly through with no customs / delivery issues.

This is my experience with Auccurascale. Except that it's usually GLS, not DHL.