Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

It all helps to explain why bullsh*t bingo became so popular!!

I left the UK about 33 years ago. Can anyone tell when it became compulsory to start every conversation with the word “So...” ?

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, Vistisen said:

I left the UK about 33 years ago. Can anyone tell when it became compulsory to start every conversation with the word “So...” ?

First adopted by politicians when asked ANY question, in order to give them a chance to make up a remotely plausible response - or not!

CJI.

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Vistisen said:

So, here’s the thing: we have to adapt to the white water of change, so we’re all still here at the end of the day.   Like .

• Round of applause 3
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

The last couple of pages of this thread have become a perfect example of "tell me you're a railway modeller, without telling me you're a railway modeller" 😆

Language evolves, it's why we don't speak Latin, Norse or Anglo-Saxon any more. When we're all departed from this mortal coil, language will evolve again, and again.

All this arising from us reminding you lads that, if you need support with your Accurascale products, we're easily contactable and ready to help you out to the best of our abilities.

Now, back to matters of the GWR maybe 😂

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, Islesy said:

The last couple of pages of this thread have become a perfect example of "tell me you're a railway modeller, without telling me you're a railway modeller" 😆

Language evolves, it's why we don't speak Latin, Norse or Anglo-Saxon any more. When we're all departed from this mortal coil, language will evolve again, and again.

All this arising from us reminding you lads that, if you need support with your Accurascale products, we're easily contactable and ready to help you out to the best of our abilities.

Since we are a body of known eccentrics, with a penchant for the past, perhaps we might be spared the latest of 'trendy' evolutions of the English(?) language, if only to pander to our sensibilities? 🤨

CJI.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

'trendy' evolutions of the English(?) language, if only to pander to our sensibilities? 🤨

Is that the same 'English' language that has evolved from (and still includes words bastardised from) Latin, Norse, French, Germanic, Cornish and Gaelic?

But never fear @cctransuk, we will modify our communications back to a 'pre-grouping' or Era 2 level, which should sit better with you all 😆

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Islesy said:

Is that the same 'English' language that has evolved from (and still includes words bastardised from) Latin, Norse, French, Germanic, Cornish and Gaelic?

But never fear @cctransuk, we will modify our communications back to a 'pre-grouping' or Era 2 level, which should sit better with you all 😆

Please carry on as you are, Accurascale, for the majority of us.

The curmudgeons can use AI such as ChatGPT or Copilot to translate "modern", "trendy" phrases into Archaic English.

Copilot suggests that, "Reach out to technical support", could become:

1. “Seek aid from the technical sages.”
  2. “Entreat the assistance of the technical troubleshooters.”
  3. “Beseech the guidance of the technical artisans.”

I don't see a flaw in that plan, do you? Oh, wait... 😉

Edited by Harlequin
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Islesy said:

its a good job Americanisation of english doesnt lead to Americanisation of models….

IMG_9030.jpeg.928bc0618a248b13e754ee4c91ae5e07.jpeg

Its definitely Great Western… it says so.

It even runs close to Lancaster….

ok i admit it was a bit of a Hail Mary on that one… back to the Dug out and await the fireside chat, to course correct and get back to the Landing zone for those warm and fuzzies.

Still its better than East end… “Bung em a monkey”.. whats that all about.

Ok no more Fud, I surrender.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

Now “beseech” is just the ticket, but “artisan” is well trendy these days😳

I will be using that when replying to customers who sends mails to me rather the help desk. It should  work really well as they all speak Danish.

• Funny 3

How is development of an O gauge Manor coming along? (Hint hint 😉). 

I now have 3 lovely Manors in 00 gauge in my collection. The Manor is my favourite. Would love to have one of these for my O gauge layout that I am currently in the early stages of building. 

Keep up the fabulous work Accurascale!  

• Like 2

I’m finally getting round to fitting the couplings. I can’t seeen to get the front coupling to hold by itself in the hole (which would be useful whilst the glue dries) - it’s almost as if it’s not quite deep enough. Has anyone observed and overcome this?

The tender one will go in fine - does it foul the operation of the tension lock? I’ve tried swapping the two hooks over, with the same results, which rules out a hook problem. 

I’m very pleased with my crew though (even though the drivers hand had snapped off upon arrival!)

Thanks. 

IMG_3065.jpeg.3153861bde84bba985c84f624e8b58fb.jpeg

Edited by Adrock
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Adrock said:

I’m finally getting round to fitting the couplings. I can’t seeen to get the front coupling to hold by itself in the hole (which would be useful whilst the glue dries) - it’s almost as if it’s not quite deep enough. Has anyone observed and overcome this?

The tender one will go in fine - does it foul the operation of the tension lock? I’ve tried swapping the two hooks over, with the same results, which rules out a hook problem. 

I’m very pleased with my crew though (even though the drivers hand had snapped off upon arrival!)

Thanks. 

IMG_3065.jpeg.3153861bde84bba985c84f624e8b58fb.jpeg

Yes I managed to fit the couplings to my collection of Manors without too much issue. 

I placed the model upside down in a servicing cradle and then placed the couplings into the hole without any glue. Then once I was happy, I used a cocktail stick and put some gorilla glue superglue on to the reverse side of the buffer beam. I then left to dry for 30 minutes and then added another layer of superglue. By adding the superglue in layers on the reverse side of the buffer beam, you can build up a strong bond and there is no danger of glue getting on the front of the buffer beam and spoiling the model. 

Im not good at explaining things, but hope this helps. 😀

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Islesy said:

Look mate just because the side my ancestors were on in 1066 happened to win near Hastings (historical fact believe or not) there's not need to get touchy about the French.  And at least their existence helped to keep those cuddly little R1s in some work until the disciples of Mr Collett sent some replacements over thereby giving you a chance in later years to produce yet another variant with too many lamp irons (the wrong way round)   I wonder if you've already thought of that little latter temptation?

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5