Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

10 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

Have I also missed something here???? Rails have 'Bradley Manor' as an 11th model. Is it exclusive?

image.png.1139745ea288c0663e0e70d46a8a3a03.png

Hmm. Just went back to the Rails website to check the shed allocation, if it was Machynlleth I would probably get this model and 7812, but it's now disappear!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Excellent choice of locomotive! The samples look fantastic. Well done guys!:yahoo_mini: 

I love when duplicate announcements like this are made and people say: “Why have you copied Dapols announcement! How dare you...” why can’t people just read the blooming article before commenting! :banghead::dontknow:

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Northmoor MPD said:

Excellent choice of locomotive! The samples look fantastic. Well done guys!:yahoo_mini: 

I love when duplicate announcements like this are made and people say: “Why have you copied Dapols announcement! How dare you...” why can’t people just read the blooming article before commenting! :banghead::dontknow:

Whilst personally I have no interest in steam and so this isn’t for me - I’m sure it’ll be an absolute cracker for those who are! 

In terms of copying Dapol, as you say the announcement clearly shows this model has been in development since 2019 - and what decade was the, very likely inferior, Dapol model likely to arrive?!

I’m firmly of the belief that no company has the right to exclusivity - but if Accurascale continue with the quality and value of their products as far I’m concerned they can duplicate what they like as I know where my money is heading!

Keep em coming I say, whether that be steam diesel or electric! 

Edited by Global
  • Like 7
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Well, I certainly didn't see that coming. How utterly wonderful!

That's going to be very tempting, even though it's far too big for my little layout!

Just think what a new 57XX or 8750 would be like in Accurascale's hands? (just a thought, folks!)

• Agree 6

7810-1939-small.jpg

7810 t rundles along with a train of LNER vehicles (although the last coach looks a bit GWR). Date 1939, location unknown. This could be a Banbury loco working a 'Ports to Ports' Newcastle-Swansea, but I'm guessing.

Edit: 7810's first shed was Banbury.

Edited by Miss Prism
image reinstated, again
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Oh and while I remember, for a change, can I just be the first person to ask whether it will be possible to convert it to EM and P4, please?

Not that I'm that bothered (although I do model in OO and P4), but I just wanted to be the first one to ask.

In virtually every new OO RTR thread, someone asks this question!

It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it!

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Oh and while I remember, for a change, can I just be the first person to ask whether it will be possible to convert it to EM and P4, please?

Well @Captain Kernow, we tried to find a solution. We really did. But steam really stumped us on such conversions, so sadly unless you go to great butchery lengths our Manor will be merely OO!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2

2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Well @Captain Kernow, we tried to find a solution. We really did. But steam really stumped us on such conversions, so sadly unless you go to great butchery lengths our Manor will be merely OO!

Cheers!

Fran

Well for your next steam model do the Ivatt flying pig or a Hughes Crab - no splashers to cause issues with P4 conversions.

Edited by woodenhead
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

7810 trundles along with a train of LNER vehicles (although the last coach looks a bit GWR). Date 1939, location unknown. This could be a Banbury loco working a 'Ports to Ports' Newcastle-Swansea, but I'm guessing.

I don't suppose you have any photos of any west of Exeter in post war livery @Miss Prism Asking for a friend.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Well, I certainly didn't see that coming. How utterly wonderful!

Neither did I. One would certainly fit in my area and timescale but the locally shedded ones aren't on the list. A bit of book trawling and Shedbash surfing calls. One may have to sneek through on a dated seaside train or excursion, otherwise a slight time warp at the later end of the time cycle may be needed as three came in just athe the end of my intended period. (That would also help me to run a couple of Green Diseasels I have more believably.)

• Like 1

They will need to be careful with the firebox. On some the mid boiler band is centred over the upper middle washout plug on the right hand side like 7826 on p51 and 7801 on p74 of the Lawrence Waters book and on others it is just in front of the middle plug as on 7806 on P67 of the same book. No doubt boilers were swapped around!

Mark

• Like 1

While this loco is of no use on my current layout build I do just love Manors. I travel parallel to the Cambrian on my daily commute to work and I already have a 45xx and a Dukedog set aside for a future project so this is going to be seriously tempting. However I already need to find a fair sum of dosh for Accurascale and now the Heljan Ethel so I won’t be pre ordering but oo it’s sooooo tempting. 
Good Luck with this Accurascale.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Mark said:

They will need to be careful with the firebox. On some the mid boiler band is centred over the upper middle washout plug on the right hand side like 7826 on p51 and 7801 on p74 of the Lawrence Waters book and on others it is just in front of the middle plug as on 7806 on P67 of the same book. No doubt boilers were swapped around!

Mark

Hi Mark,

It is certainly something we will be paying attention to!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, SteamingWales said:

Hmm. Just went back to the Rails website to check the shed allocation, if it was Machynlleth I would probably get this model and 7812, but it's now disappear!!!!!!

Presumably this is the surprise that the Erlestoke Manor fund have mentioned on FB :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, mozzer models said:

just fit brass Names & Numbers

And get the right tender if going for the Accrascale version.  The tenders are really something for this model (not that the loco part isn't) but it would really be worthwhile seeking to match the correct tender for your chosen period if you are seeking to renumber the model.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

Neither did I. One would certainly fit in my area and timescale but the locally shedded ones aren't on the list. A bit of book trawling and Shedbash surfing calls. One may have to sneek through on a dated seaside train or excursion, otherwise a slight time warp at the later end of the time cycle may be needed as three came in just athe the end of my intended period. (That would also help me to run a couple of Green Diseasels I have more believably.)

Several of us are going to have to do some reallocation I think ;)

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Several of us are going to have to do some reallocation I think ;)

Short term loan or running in turn. At least four foreigners from the Cambrian fleet visited Stafford Road Works for attention during my period. The local shed had a habit of putting them on Worcester trains for a couple of days when they emerged. 

• Like 3

There goes another torpedo into the good ship Bachmann. 

Excellent move and specs for the model. I do wonder if this level of detail will blow open the idea of the next standard set for DCC steam and thus open up a whole field of retools to be done. 

But - it is a body blow to Bachmann who now have a competitor aiming for the same workhorse steam engines they always claimed as their territory and with other modern wagons done that would have been prime Bachmann territory too you can see them reeling from this. Fact is - its business and like Simon for Hornby stood fast defending some catalogue items from other competitors going for them - Bachmann now face the daunting prospect of their catalogue that has been popular before being cherry picked off by others and them unable to respond effectively due to things taking ages to come to market.  

Meanwhile I hope they use Lydham Manor at Paignton for the sound file as that thing is a gorgeous little pocket rocket! 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Accurascale products have been all too modern for my preferred time period so far and in fact this is too really but I can stretch a point for this exciting new model.

The three speakers are interesting: Does that mean Tweeter, Mid-range and Woofer with crossovers? :jester:

Seriously, it would be great if you could apply your dynamic new approach to doing something to improve DCC Sound from steam locos. Both the sound reproduction and how they respond to the controls. (I hope she'll have VERY spitty valves, BTW!)

Good Luck! I'm looking forward to watching the project develop.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

Meanwhile I hope they use Lydham Manor at Paignton for the sound file as that thing is a gorgeous little pocket rocket! 

7820 sounded rather nice down there a few years back too.

7820.jpg.4ed60819324090790143e80f0aff5ce0.jpg

• Like 7