Jump to content
I apologise for the additional advertising intrusion on tablets. I am trying to get the relevant parties to fix the situation. ×

Graham Farish Spring 2021 new announcements


AY Mod
 Share

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, fezza said:

Good to know the white 108s are here - pricey

 

I think you'll find they're the same price as the other liveried (non sound) class 108s.

;-)

42 minutes ago, Roy L S said:

 I think the most we could hope for is maybe a new tool steam loco

 

 

I think some of us might hope for a non-steam loco or perhaps a multiple unit.

;-)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the 108s were excellent and worth the money.

 

I can understand the frustration of steam modellers. We "modernists" have excellent 66s, 67s,68s, 70s and Azumas so we shouldn't really complain. But that said I would like a some modern spec vanilla everyday DMUs. Hopefully the 158s will turn up sometime soon and one day maybe a 170?

 

I wonder how well steam sells in N? I have a few steam locos, but other than the excellent running Peco GWR goods, I've never found that steam locos run as well as diesels in N. Maybe it's my rubbish tracklaying but I think it's a lot harder for manufacturers to produce steam locos with good slow speed running n N.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Sonic just announced a J50 (can't see a thread anywhere by the way) so maybe that will stir Bachmann Farish into action 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fezza said:

Yes the 108s were excellent and worth the money.

 

I can understand the frustration of steam modellers. We "modernists" have excellent 66s, 67s,68s, 70s and Azumas so we shouldn't really complain. But that said I would like a some modern spec vanilla everyday DMUs. Hopefully the 158s will turn up sometime soon and one day maybe a 170?

 

I wonder how well steam sells in N? I have a few steam locos, but other than the excellent running Peco GWR goods, I've never found that steam locos run as well as diesels in N. Maybe it's my rubbish tracklaying but I think it's a lot harder for manufacturers to produce steam locos with good slow speed running n N.


My friend recently purchased an N class (Farish) and that runs lovely, he’s got a few steam items and the newer Farish ones all run really well, although his Merchant Navy can be a bit temperamental at times.

 

I’ve got an older model blue and grey 2 car 108 and it’s a good model but I think I’ll hold out for the 101 coming out before getting another DMU. 
Are they likely to have working saloon lights as well does anyone know?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fezza said:

Yes the 108s were excellent and worth the money.

 

I can understand the frustration of steam modellers. We "modernists" have excellent 66s, 67s,68s, 70s and Azumas so we shouldn't really complain. But that said I would like a some modern spec vanilla everyday DMUs. Hopefully the 158s will turn up sometime soon and one day maybe a 170?

Actually I’d say we have two very average 66s, but there’s plenty of room for improvement. Given their ubiquity I’d happily see a newly tooled one! Certainly before a newly tooled 170. It surprises me a bit that Farish chose to upgrade the 60 ahead of the 66, although I’m not expecting any actual changes to the body. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I was assuming we were due the autumn (edit: or is it summer?!) announcements this week. Let the frothing begin!

Edited by njee20
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, grahame said:

 

 

 

I think some of us might hope for a non-steam loco or perhaps a multiple unit.

;-)

 

 

To be honest Grahame while I would like to see a steam loco, I would look upon anything newly tooled as a positive.

 

Regards

 

Roy

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, njee20 said:

 Let the frothing begin!

 

That blew off my beer in the current storm winds.

It left my enthusiasm for new announcements rather flat.

;-)

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, fezza said:

Hopefully the 158s will turn up sometime soon and one day maybe a 170?

 

 

So do I because that'll mean older models going onto Ebay for me to snaffle up so I can use the chassis under some more MK1 EMUS...... :P:P

 

I have some spring drive versions, but I haven't mustered up the courage to attack the springs to shorten them yet :blink::blink:

 

Cheers

 

Neal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, scruff said:

Isn't there new announcements this week?

 

I assume that Andy will post up a new thread with all the Farish Summer 2021 announcement details as soon as they are received (rather like the beginning of this thread).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Based on careful scrutiny of previous announcements, here are my predictions for the next announcement:

 

1. Some moaning about the choice of models that have been announced

2. Some moaning about the prices

3. Some moaning about how long it will take for the models to arrive

4. Some moaning about what the prices are likely to be when the model arrives 

5. Some moaning about the adjectives used to describe the new models

6. Some moaning about the choice of numbers for locomotive X, coach Y and wagon Z.

7. Some moaning that there is STILL nothing for people modelling the Rutland and Back of Beyond Railway between 1910 and 1911.

8. Possibly a transition-era “very-underwhelmed” and a large logo “nothing for me this time” as well.

 

Let’s see how accurate these predictions will be…


:thankyou:

 

 

Edited by Western Aviator
  • Like 1
  • Funny 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Western Aviator said:

Based on careful scrutiny of previous announcements, here are my predictions for the next announcement:

 

1. Some moaning about the choice of models that have been announced

2. Some moaning about the prices

3. Some moaning about how long it will take for the models to arrive

4. Some moaning about what the prices are likely to be when the model arrives 

5. Some moaning about the adjectives used to describe the new models

6. Some moaning about the choice of numbers for locomotive X, coach Y and wagon Z.

7. Some moaning that there is STILL nothing for people modelling the Rutland and Back of Beyond Railway between 1910 and 1911.

8. Possibly a transition-era “very-underwhelmed” and a large logo “nothing for me this time” as well.


:thankyou:

 

 

 

Given the Summer announcement anything would be an improvement. Also points 2 to 5 are under Bachmann's control.

 

The problem for Bachmann is that the occasional disappointment turns into apathy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

I have several Farish steam locos that run well — all of those I have with the coreless motor do: Ivatt 2MT, N class, (new) 4F, (new) Jinty, 64xx, standard and Fairburn 4MT tanks. The Dapol 57xx is a good runner too, although somewhat noisier.

 

If Farish want to apply the "shrink-ray" to something in the Bachmann OO range, how about a Midland 0-4-4T?

 

Diesel-wise, I wouldn't be surprised at some time to see sound upgrades of the 24 and 25. It would be nice if they could tool the later body style 25 and the 24/1 too — so far only the old Poole-era tooling has been used for the late body style 25. And sound upgrades of the 37s, a new "Peak" based around the current class 40 mechanism…

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Bomag said:

 

Given the Summer announcement anything would be an improvement. Also points 2 to 5 are under Bachmann's control.

 

The problem for Bachmann is that the occasional disappointment turns into apathy.


given that they have announced a brand new tooling for OO class 47 ahead of tomorrow, my feeling is we are in for another disappointing list for N gauge 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I recall reading somewhere, possibly a page or so ago in this thread, that Bachmann had indicated that Autumn would be a more significant announcement for N than the last couple

 

Based on the 50 year anniversary of Farish and what's in the OO range I suspect there may be a new tool 94xx as it was one of their earliest N locos. 

 

Sound for the 24/25 and 37, especially if accompanied by "missing" body types would be great, as would a DCC ready 08 but all will be revealed in a couple of days where, as usual, I will probably find I am way off the mark.

 

Rob

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Suffolk Rob said:

I recall reading somewhere, possibly a page or so ago in this thread, that Bachmann had indicated that Autumn would be a more significant announcement for N than the last couple

 

Based on the 50 year anniversary of Farish and what's in the OO range I suspect there may be a new tool 94xx as it was one of their earliest N locos. 

 

Sound for the 24/25 and 37, especially if accompanied by "missing" body types would be great, as would a DCC ready 08 but all will be revealed in a couple of days where, as usual, I will probably find I am way off the mark.

 

Rob

You're right they did indicate that.

 

All you've mentioned plus Peaks I think.

 

If you also recall, the Next18 class 47s got canned for 6 Pin DCC - they claimed they didn't have time available to do the work, perhaps what they meant was they were busy on the OO 47 and maybe there is something coming in N too, though the current model is good to me albeit lacking the next18/speaker.

 

All will be revealed tomorrow.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

If you also recall, the Next18 class 47s got canned for 6 Pin DCC - they claimed they didn't have time available to do the work, perhaps what they meant was they were busy on the OO 47 and maybe there is something coming in N too, though the current model is good to me albeit lacking the next18/speaker.

 

All will be revealed tomorrow.

 

Some 47s were advertised several years ago but never appeared - the Virgin and Intercity Swift ones spring to mind.  As far as I know these liveries have never appeared on a Chinese era 47 and would be very popular amongst people wanting to model the last years of cross country loco haulage.  Let's see...

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Suffolk Rob said:

I recall reading somewhere, possibly a page or so ago in this thread, that Bachmann had indicated that Autumn would be a more significant announcement for N than the last couple


wasn’t it just a rumour that Osborn models said this quarter would be good for N gauge? Can’t recall Bachmann actually saying anything to that fact

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/05/2021 at 18:45, grahame said:

A distinct possibility. Maurice (from Osborns Models) posted the following on the N Gauge IO group as something he received directly from them:

 

I can also assure you that if you get asked and I am sure you will, Graham Farish has not been forgotten just wait until the Autumn launch, rest assured we have some very exciting models en route.

Seems a fairly reliable source but all will be revealed tomorrow

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Suffolk Rob said:

Seems a fairly reliable source but all will be revealed tomorrow

 

Snag is that isn't this week's announcement the 'summer' 2021 one rather than the 'autumn' one? Is it for autumn arrivals? It might require another three months wait.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, grahame said:

 

Snag is that isn't this week's announcement the 'summer' 2021 one rather than the 'autumn' one? Is it for autumn arrivals? It might require another three months wait.

 

The last (May) one is on Bachmann's website as summer so assume this one tomorrow is Autumn- announced in summer for Autumn delivery?  Still, we'll know if it was worth waiting for tomorrow whatever it's called- let's hope so

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...