Graham Farish Spring 2021 new announcements

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold

Usual reminder that this is only the 2nd of 4 announcements this year, and that there is still plenty of N Gauge being worked on by Bachmann. 

Hopefully they will follow up the announcements with another of their current projects update videos. With any luck we won't be far off livery samples for the 450 and 319. 

Tom. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

The Bachmann website has updated the release dates.

Jun/Jul
Class 66 loco
Class 108 DMU
SE&CR N class loco
BR MK1 RU

Aug/Sep
5 plank wagon
7 plank wagon
8 plank wagon
LMS Brake Van

Sep/Oct
BR TTA

Nov/Dec
Class 150 DMU

Dec/Jan
BR Ventilated Van
BR Insulated Van
BR MK1 BG
BR MK2A TSO
Carriage packs
LNER Ventilated Van
LNER Fruit Van

Jan/Feb
Class 101 DMU
Class 319 EMU
MR Brake Van

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Paul.Uni said:

The Bachmann website has updated the release dates.

Jun/Jul
Class 66 loco
Class 108 DMU
SE&CR N class loco
BR MK1 RU

Good job I've given up waiting for my class 08s then.

10 minutes ago, Paul.Uni said:

Jan/Feb
Class 101 DMU
Class 319 EMU
MR Brake Van

What about MRS Brake Van and little Charlie Brake Van :) ?

Edited by AndrueC

22 minutes ago, Paul.Uni said:

Jan/Feb
Class 101 DMU
Class 319 EMU
MR Brake Van

Woo hoo. The class 319 has a release date. Next year, but bring it on.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Also no 158 mentioned. That is one I would like, though I wonder how close it will couple with their new system.

And as Swallow MK2Fs were announced in 00, we can probably look forward to N-Gauge ones, but hopefully not have to wait 5yrs.

Money going to Revolution this year methinks

es grüßt

pc 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I would say the one hoipe is that after 2 low quarters for models the August announcent will cover Septemebr and October as well and as TINGS is in September surely this is the quarter they would want stuff out there for N gauge. Just think a brand new model on sale at the show that wasnt know about just a matter of months ago

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ed-farms said:

I would say the one hoipe is that after 2 low quarters for models the August announcent will cover Septemebr and October as well and as TINGS is in September surely this is the quarter they would want stuff out there for N gauge. Just think a brand new model on sale at the show that wasnt know about just a matter of months ago

A distinct possibility. Maurice (from Osborns Models) posted the following on the N Gauge IO group as something he received directly from them:

I can also assure you that if you get asked and I am sure you will, Graham Farish has not been forgotten just wait until the Autumn launch, rest assured we have some very exciting models en route.

Although perhaps a little worryingly as it appears to be a partial announcement (promise?) of new products due later this year when they did say they would only announce new items each quarter for the following three months. Whether it comes to fruition or not, at least they've got previously announced products (like the class 319) to get ready for release, so something to look forward to from Farish . . . eventually and some time in the future.

Edited by grahame
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, grahame said:

, rest assured we have some very exciting models en route.

I have no problem with saying that they have something extra coming in the the autumn, but why do they 'big' it up by saying its 'very exciting' - it just disappoints those for who it's not and doesn't benefit to any greater extent the ones who like what is announced.

3 hours ago, Bomag said:

I have no problem with saying that they have something extra coming in the the autumn, but why do they 'big' it up by saying its 'very exciting' - it just disappoints those for who it's not and doesn't benefit to any greater extent the ones who like what is announced.

Did the words 'eating', 'pudding' and 'proof' also come to mind but maybe in a different order?

I've taken everything they say with a pinch of salt since the introduction of the MK2a coaches.

es grüßt

pc 

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Bomag said:

If I understand @grahame’s post correctly, it looks like this comment was in a message from Bachmann to one of their retailers so it isn’t even an official announcement! If it was an official announcement, would it have been better to write something like:

“In the autumn launch we will be announcing some very exciting* models!

*please note that excitement is not guaranteed and may be affected by your choice of scale, era and modelling area, or how jaded you are with the hobby in general. Your level of excitement may vary over time and you may not return to the same level of excitement that you started with. We are not liable for any lack of excitement or for any incident resulting from over-excitement. Terms and conditions apply. See our website for details.”

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

Hopefully theres loads of nice new stuff thats bunched up for the Autumn announcement.  Failing that some popular reliveries or re-issues....at the point now thinking of buying bargain bin satlink liveried GUVs and spraying them blue...

No dates yet for 5MT (tender re-tool for sound), 4F, J39 or Fairburn. Doubtless this means the sound fitted 5MT I have on order will be the subject of another price-rise on top of the one just notified before release. First world problems I appreciate but still frustrating.

Roy

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, bingley hall said:

My cash is already lined up

Sonic's 0-6-2T

Revolution's Class 128 and A tanks

Rapido's Metrovick

Dapol's high window Maunsells

Sorry Bachfar, you'll have to go to the back of the queue.

As a matter of interest, how many of those are due in the next three months?

• Like 2

I feel that Bachmann let themselves down by not publicising more clearly what actually will be delivered in the coming three months:-

Class 66/4 diesel loco G&W
3 x Class 108 3 car DMUs
3 x SECR N Class steam locos
3 x Mk1RU restaurant cars
11 x 5/7/8 plank open wagons
2 x LMS brake vans
3 x different packs of wheels - at last.

Information from the Bachmann Collectors Club magazine.

Hopefully someone will want them.

Edited by Mike Harvey
Syntax
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Not Captain Kernow said:

Hi there,

I can only answer for Revolution and Sonic, but the 56xxs is coming to the end of production and (depending on how they are shipped) very likely to be here in the next three months.  The Revolution Class A tanks are probably going to be here Q3-4 2021 and it's too early to say for the 128s with any degree of certainty.

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 minutes ago, Ben A said:

I can only answer for Revolution and Sonic, but the 56xxs is coming to the end of production and (depending on how they are shipped) very likely to be here in the next three months.  The Revolution Class A tanks are probably going to be here Q3-4 2021 and it's too early to say for the 128s with any degree of certainty.

Can we order a 128 yet?

15 hours ago, Not Captain Kernow said:

The Dapol Maunsell High Window coaches are already out (in SR Olive that is), not seen a date for other liveries if that's what bingley was after.