Bachmann Collectors Club unveils new Super BG

AY Mod

• Moderators

Bachmann Collectors Club Unveils Super new BG

39-200K.jpg

The latest Limited Edition model to be offered by the Bachmann Collectors Club was today unveiled as part of Bachmann Europe’s Spring 2021 British Railway Announcements. The new OO scale model is based on the Bachmann Branchline BR Mk1 Super BG Coach and depicts No. 94538 in EWS Maroon & Gold livery. Fitted with B4 Bogies, NEM Couplings mounted on Close-Coupling Mechanisms and supplied with an Accessory Pack, the model is in stock now and can be purchased exclusively by Bachmann Collectors Club members, priced at £58.95

39-200K-1.jpg

(item No. 39-200K).
The real vehicle was refurbished by DB Schenker in 2010 to provide luggage space on Cruise Saver charter trains operating between Scotland and Southampton, being painted into EWS Maroon & Gold livery to match the company’s existing charter stock. Subsequently No. 94538 has been used on other parts of the British network, providing great scope for modellers of any part of the UK to add this new Limited Edition to their collection.

Bachmann Collectors Club members can place their orders online via www.bachmanncollectorsclub.co.uk. New members can also join online and purchase from the growing range of Club exclusive models straight away.

• Like 2

I have to say I'm a little surprised by this one, as apart from it's use for one year on the Cruise Saver Express service in 2010 (DRS Replaced it with a Mk2 BFO in 2011), it was subsequently stored in Eastleigh Yard and didn't leave until GBRf took over in 2018. Apart from Storage in Crewe and possibly Toton, it hasn't done anything else since. 

It's a smart looking model though. Hopefully Bachmann may chose to follow this on with the Riviera "The Great Briton" Mk2s to provide something to run with it. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Mine arrived today, a very smart looking model. Even if it is a little on the costly side.

I am planning to add it to a rake of Virgin and Anglia liveried Mk2. 

Being based in Portsmouth and working for SWT/SWR I used to see this all the time in Eastleigh yard.

20210211_142704.jpg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Dan_71D said:

Mine arrived today, a very smart looking model. Even if it is a little on the costly side.

I am planning to add it to a rake of Virgin and Anglia liveried Mk2. 

Being based in Portsmouth and working for SWT/SWR I used to see this all the time in Eastleigh yard.

20210211_142704.jpg

Nice mug

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• 2 months later...