New track components from DCC Concepts

martin_wynne

• RMweb Gold

DCC Concepts have just announced some new track components:

Etched sleepers. Cast brass bridge chairs.

See:  https://mailchi.mp/dccconcepts/legacy_track_1-5126186

Why they are building plain track with bridge chairs is a bit of mystery. When bridge chairs are used on plain track it is normally on waybeams not sleepers (for use on bridges):

lichfield1_1990_1280x800.jpg.bd28ab25268bdbe4a093f23a1be2f59b.jpg

Coming after their weird 6-bolt fishplates it is all a bit puzzling. They are promising a range of pointwork parts and slips etc. Lets hope they start looking at the prototype at some stage.

Martin.

Edited by martin_wynne
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, 26power said:

It was just an observation and a comment about how little publicity of this new product there seemed to be so far.

Also here: https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/161417-new-range-of-simple-to-assemble-00em-gauge-pointwork-kits-em-b7-prototype-first-look/&do=findComment&comment=4308907

and here: https://85a.uk/templot/club/index.php?threads/new-track-components-from-dcc-concepts.47

The full words and music from DCC Concepts is at: https://mailchi.mp/dccconcepts/legacy_track_1-5126186

Martin.

Edited by martin_wynne

Typically the DCC Concepts intro misses out actual info, no dimensions given for the sleepers, just 4mm scale. No info on the chair type, You have to study the pics to find out that they are bridge chairs, and no mention as to whether they hold the rail vertically or inclined. Said to be half the price of the competition, But I don't know of anybody else offering cast brass bridge chairs. At 50p a chair and 25p a sleeper, and 96 sleepers to the yard then a yard of track will come to £120, without rail.

If someone is selling track for double that I doubt they sell much!

Edited by Grovenor
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Grovenor said:

Typically the DCC Concepts intro misses out actual info, no dimensions given for the sleepers, just 4mm scale. No info on the chair type, You have to study the pics to find out that they are bridge chairs, and no mention as to whether they hold the rail vertically or inclined.

"The louder he talked of his honour, the faster we counted our spoons."

Or coming after the 6-bolt fishplates, the more they talk of prototype accuracy, the faster we check the drawings. :)

Martin.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Grovenor said:

Typically the DCC Concepts intro misses out actual info, no dimensions given for the sleepers, just 4mm scale. No info on the chair type, You have to study the pics to find out that they are bridge chairs, and no mention as to whether they hold the rail vertically or inclined. Said to be half the price of the competition, But I don't know of anybody else offering cast brass bridge chairs. At 50p a chair and 25p a sleeper, and 96 sleepers to the yard then a yard of track will come to £120, without rail.

If someone is selling track for double that I doubt they sell much!

I looked at the prices and wondered whether the chairs were gold and the rail made of silver as I cannot imagine anyone paying £120 a yard.:nono:

At that rate buying a new car will be cheaper than a double slip! :jester:

Quite nice looking L1 chairs as Martin says usually found on Long timbers / Waybeams / Wheel Timbers, or in penny numbers at the belly end of switches and just beyond crossings, where there is not enough room for S1/AS1 chairs.

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, Trog said:

Quite nice looking L1 chairs

Given that they seem to fit on 10" sleepers, I think they may be M1 bridge chairs (10" wide), rather than L1 (11" wide).

Either way they look daft on sleepers, with the fixings too close to the edge.

cheers,

Martin.