SCNF Class X2800

mvrattler

I am looking for a scale drawing of SCNF Class Z2800 Autorail which I would like to scratch build in 0 gauge using my newly learning Fusion 360 and an Aldi Cocoon create 3d printer. Any help is appreciated or possible source where I may obtain a drawing.

Kerry in Qld AU

• RMweb Premium

I have now had a chance to look at the magazine.

The drawing is from the SNCF GA drawing for the X2800 series and reproduced to A4 size.  In addition to the drawing there is a lot of technical data on the sheet.

As such the drawings are outline - but with the main and critical dimensions - and measure something like 24cm x 7cm for side, front and plan view.  So they are very small and may well not be suitable for your needs.  Sorry.

Edited by Andy Hayter
additional info
  • Like 1

Andy,

As long as there is a measurement, say bogie centers, or wheelbase, I can import the drawing into either Inkscape and scale it for 7mm/ft or into Fusion 360 which is where I am able to draw it up as a 3D drawing. My challenge is to have the parts being such that I can 3D print on the 200 x 200 180 mm bed, or slice complete body units which can then be joined to make up the unit. Chassis and drive mechanism is no problem as i have scratch built several railcars with scratch built gearboxes.

Regards,

Kerry

• Like 1