Rapido dangles Class 13 RTR carrot...

Mel_H

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, dibber25 said:

International money speculation is not a skill that many model railway manufacturers possess, I suspect. As to the costs in US$ - all of it apart from the British mark-up and VAT. (CJL)

Whilst that might be the case at face value, I'd like to believe that many model railway manufacturers do engage bankers as part of their normal business activity who undoubtedly will have the required skill.

Hedging foreign currency risk, which you characterise as 'international money speculation', is pretty standard business operating procedure for many companies that transact across international/currency borders.

Been there; done that; worn the T shirt for over 25 years earlier in my working career.

Edited by 4630
  • Agree 1

My last posting was actually a draft which was posted automatically when the site shut down for maintenance.  I should have said 'important' rather than 'significant' - at least it would be important to a shareholder.

Going back to Rapido, I would think about a Class 13 but more for the novelty value given that I have about twice as much stock already than I need to run my layout.  I've certainly seen a picture of one on a railtour but can't recall any details at the moment.

• RMweb Gold

So in conclusion, I saw the class 13 thread, opened it, saw £300 and clicked on the kit link on the last page and spent £20 on bits.

So i guess i’m out, but the dangled carrot definitely acted as bait to finally do one.

Edited by adb968008