Wooden goods sheds - photos and even plans?

As my layout develops, I'm looking to build an OO gauge goods shed. My requirements are double track, supporting unloading/loading for up to 8 wagons so bigger than available kits and probably wooden (lots of embossed papers for exterior finish), for speed of custom development and uniqueness. I understand that wooden ones were often put up when a previous facility had been outgrown and wooden was a quick fix expansion. Example wooden ones include Adlestrop (GWR 1852), Bury St Edmunds (GER 1840s), Gloucester High Street and Barnoldswick, both MR - my focus, though the relative rarity and uniqueness of wooden goods sheds means I am prepared to adapt most designs.

I envisage 2 tracks entering it centrally with an unloading platform on each side with access for the drays along the longer sides, and the floor plan area fitting onto a single sheet of A4 paper (8-1/4 x 11-3/4 inches/21.0 x 29.7 cm). Anyway, that's the space I have left to play with...

Can anyone add to this, as I said, point me to other photos or even plans?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, johnofwessex said:

Lyme Regis

My immediate reaction was to jump to Disused Stations website but annoyingly, the good shed keeps featuring in the background, so I haven't got a clear picture of what's what. But I think it's not on a scale I'm looking for, to service a town of 20,000+ people.

Will investigate further so thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MR Chuffer said:

My immediate reaction was to jump to Disused Stations website but annoyingly, the good shed keeps featuring in the background, so I haven't got a clear picture of what's what. But I think it's not on a scale I'm looking for, to service a town of 20,000+ people.

Will investigate further so thanks for the heads up.

Thank you

I realise that it isnt exactly what you want but it might be a starting point.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moore43grm said:

more information

I've got the book, thanks, from whence the Adlestrop (GWR 1852) reference came from. Whilst the book covers a wide range of company styles, it occurred to me that when it came to wooden sheds, anything goes making it easier to fit a custom shed to the space I have set aside, and also easier using tongue and groove wood "brick" paper to construct, so to speak.

Edited by MR Chuffer
spellnig...

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, IWCR said:

Staines Central had a large wooden shed.

This was single track but could eaisly be modified to take a second

It was still there - or bits of it were - in the mid 90s, when I moved to Chertsey for a while. 

• Like 1