How to access ignored topic?

• RMweb Premium

Due to a combination of a poor internet connection, a small screen, and massive impatience on my part (!) I accidentally hit the big red 'ignore this topic' button on a thread I really didn't want to ignore. In my defense, I was trying to hit something else & the button jumped under my finger just as it hit the screen... 

Anyway, I can't now access the thread in question to un-ignore it, because it (obviously) doesn't show up any more. I've had a look around in my account settings, and whilst I can find a list of 'ignored users', I can't find the equivalent for topics. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Jonathan

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I had the same problem yesterday.   Was reading a topic when irrelevant pop-ups suddenly began to appear filling more and more of the screen.    I tried to close one of them and got a message saying "are you sure".  So then I clicked "Yes" and got a message from RMWeb which said this topic will no longer appear on my topics list or searches.   I had to restart my computer to remove the pop-ups.  Can't recall now which topic it was.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

The facility to unignore ignored topics disappeared a while ago.

Because it was a third party modification which ceased to work properly and cause conflicts after the core software underwent a major update.

• Informative/Useful 2

Ah, well at least we now know why it's no longer available.  IIRC this wasn't mentioned in the previous thread on this subject.

3 hours ago, jrb said:

Anyway, I can't now access the thread in question to un-ignore it, because it (obviously) doesn't show up any more. I've had a look around in my account settings, and whilst I can find a list of 'ignored users', I can't find the equivalent for topics. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

So long the thread is in a generally available forum you should be able to access it by logging out of RMWeb (or, I think, accessing RMWeb through a "private" browser window).  I think you can then copy the URL of the thread, open the thread directly using the URL when logged in to RMWeb again, and then un-ignore it.

The above won't work for some forums that you have to be a registered user to get access to.  Wheeltappers is one, there may be others.

I believe that judicious use of Google search may also allow you to access the thread in question, if you can come up with the correct combinations of magic key words to find it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, ejstubbs said:

...you should be able to access it by logging out of RMWeb (or, I think, accessing RMWeb through a "private" browser window).  I think you can then copy the URL of the thread, open the thread directly using the URL when logged in to RMWeb again, and then un-ignore it...

Thanks, that worked perfectly.

Jonathan

• Like 1