Slopes is this to steep?

AdeMoore

22 hours ago, Lowcliff said:

The yellow lines can be removed by cutting one of the cables or is it joining a couple of cables. if you have a look on eBay at reversing cameras one will show you how to remove the lines

Sounds like one of those films about bomb disposal ... "cut the blue wire ....." cutters moved from red to blue and back again ...

• RMweb Premium

Can’t get the text to go above the first video so it’s going here. I have to say mocking the slope up was good fun!

The Westcountry hauled 5 old plastic wheeled triang up it that also needed lubricant!

The 4 x MK 1s  went up ok too, actually looking now my station will only take 3 I think, but there needing to be another curve at the point I’ve installed insulated fishplates for safety sake on the video that’s no bad thing.

Also tried the Bachmaan N Class with 3 on just made it. I need to look at the Ilfracombe timetable again to see what else needs to go up it but they were banked up to Morthoe so I have that in my locker!

The videos are showing various power settings on the gaugemaster.

Also videoing and operating is tricky hence the speed set and just click the direction switch over.

E7AAB0B0-F5D3-4952-AF23-5AEDA2B9F978.jpeg.392940cdfab32ab3bb358d9b76d2bb19.jpeg

But that being successful it really wasn’t.

see below that’s the height I’ve gained for a storage yard underneath the proposed Station.

Back to the drawing board I’ll post up something on Track and layout design to see if there is anyone with some inspiration.

C472402D-EF01-4DC0-AC74-8F07D3AAC0AA.jpeg.5c9ecce2196c1a5f8d020dee55e3895e.jpeg

F130E5FC-E15B-4C39-B728-F70CC2199A1B.jpeg.032972bd2f7745320af710fe14a17d12.jpeg

You get tunnel vision when you think you have come up with a working plan for your layout.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Ade

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Very interesting.  You are so right when you said

You get tunnel vision when you think you have come up with a working plan for your layout.

l thought I had my plan set. I just don't think it makes the best use of the space. So back to the drawing board I go.

• Like 1