Tarnhouse (Hallbankgate) Brampton Rly circa 1947

Tindale has worked up the incline from Kirkhouse, it is at the end of its working life. Fleetwood Shawe, told me at the end it was absolutely 'panned' and in a filthy condition, in fact its boiler had cracked and it wasn't economical to repair. Its components ended up scattered around HBG

DSC01333.JPG

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Sludger said:

Sad to hear that you are leaving RMWEB.

I will miss seeing your layouts as i do not do Facebook.

Trev.

Likewise, nobody does social media of any kind in our house and I find your work rather inspiring.

Robert Wolf 

• Agree 3

• 5 months later...
9 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Thanks for the info, I'll be looking out for a copy.

This is another layout I've missed reading about on here.

Rob W

You need to take your trusty steed north of Scotch Corner a time or two Rob.

Newcastle show last November had Hallbank Gate, Canada Street and Sheep Lane. It was a good weekend.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

I was in Hallbankgate earlier this week on a "family history mission," with my dad. I'm hugely impressed to see your layout capturing the old Co-op building, but more importantly (to me) the small cottage and engine shed. My grandparents along with my mam and aunt as kids, holidayed in that cottage because a relative of ours lived there who I think was married to one of the engine drivers. My mam always told me how close the steam engine ran to the house. Sad the lines aren't there but great that you can easily see the route the lines took. My dad got a shot of the engine shed the day before they demolished it, I would think back in the 70s. I only ever once walked the railway line from Hallbankgate to back to Halton-Le-Gate and that would be 30 years ago. Thanks to your post I will be doing it again soon. Great layout.

• Like 2