Tarnhouse (Hallbankgate) Brampton Rly circa 1947

4 hours ago, Ian Blenk said:

Some progress with Naworth No6, but still quite a bit to do. Pacemaker 2moro, hope it gives me some energy to get things finished!

DSC00649.JPG

Ian, I had my pacemaker fitted two months ago and I do feel better for it. I'm not turning cartwheels, but I am starting to get my mojo working!
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, it'll go fine and you'll have a great scar to impress people with.
This picture is gorgeous. I love the Barclay,
Take Care,
Regards,
Chris.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Ian

If there is one in the CSP Models range I can get one for you. Have a skim through the website and let me know.

Good to know that all is going well with you. Just the big switch on to come?

You might want to look at this posting if not already seen: -

Philip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't normally post pictures of work in progress, but here are some snaps of  'Tindale' under way. I haven't soldered the cab in place and the footplate & buffers are home made. It is of course riding on the Hornby Peckett chassis, I haven't put the wheel covers on yet. This is why I don;t usually show progress snaps in case  folk think i have missed something etc

DSC00658.JPG

DSC00659.JPG

DSC00660.JPG

• Like 9

Some more work done. The chimney is not fixed, I will use the brass one supplied with the kit. In retrospect, it would have been easier to use the chassis supplied. It would have been appropriate to use my Avonside Chassis Squared for an Avonside. I need a break!

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

Edited by Ian Blenk
  • Like 11

I'm really enjoying this thread - you've caught the railway so well and your buildings particularly are beautiful. I first read about the line in Harold Bowtell's "The Dam builders' railways from Durham's dales to the border" and finally had the chance to visit and walk the line to Gairs colliery. What a wild and remote place. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a copy of Lord Carlisle's Railway soon. Please keep up the good work! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, SteamAle said:

Ian

Thought you'd got the whistle in the wrong place at first. Looked at Fleetwood's images and sure enough it is where you have placed it. Neve noticed before. We live and learn

Philip

Should be ready for next year!

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Ruston said:

That looks far better with the new plates! Is that one a kit-build, or have you converted it from a Hattons RTR?

A Hatton's rebuild. It has a new cab with the small bunker and dumb buffers on the front, plus a few other bits and pieces. It's close enough.  I have only been able to turn up about 4 snaps of the loco, both as No6 and No3

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I have done anything with Tarnhouse, as getting Tynebank exhibition ready has taken up most of my modelling time, but here's a snap of No. 6 helping out on TB taking traffic down to Tyne Dock Engineering, via the Riverside. It should of course have it's plate on display for running on BR metals.

IMG_0241.JPG

• Like 8