Brighton East - EM Third Rail

kipford

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have finally opened a youtube account, so to try things out here is a quick video of the Ginster in action, this is quickly becoming my favourite piece of stock on Brighton. Sorry about the quality and the fact is starts off like a jack rabbit, I was operating both phone and controller at the same time.

• Like 6

I have finally opened a youtube account, so to try things out here is a quick video of the Ginster in action, this is quickly becoming my favourite piece of stock on Brighton. Sorry about the quality and the fact is starts off like a jack rabbit, I was operating both phone and controller at the same time.

You must tell Mrs Dave to stop calling you when you are filming. She should be making more buddlea instead.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A good exhibition on all fronts. Lots or positive comments, (Thanks Dave) we had very few problems, broken bogie, a couple of back to backs going out and the normal operator forgetting to change the points errors. The class 37 needs surgery though I think it has developed the old banana bogie problem. So I will either fit slightly smaller centre wheels or turn down the ones already fitted. The momentum issue is me getting used to new sound decoders.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Brighton East and Acacia Avenue under one roof. Now that I would like to see. Sadly I would need to sell my family to be free of the commitments that go with being a parent of young hooligans. Have a great show, guys.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Anyone who may have been going to Southwold expecting to see Brighton, unfortunately Mrs Kipford has broken her knee and is virtually house bound for the few weeks. A long weekend away is out of the question at the moment, so I have had to pull out of the show, but all being well will be going next year. I will though be at Andover in September no matter what as it is only a short drive from home.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Wow not done any updates for along time because nothing new to report. However had a very pleasant day with Andy York yesterday who photographed Brighton in the morning then the SHMRC's Hope-under- Dinmore (of which I am a team member) in the afternoon. Brighton should be in BRM in May 2017 with Hope in the April addition. Anyway we have an exhibition hiatus now until it starts again with 4 exhibitions in 4 months starting in January next year. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hope Andy does not mind but two photos as a taster of what he took, the rest will have to wait until the article:

Caroline in full glory, then the station platform building, with detail I forgot was there!

post-1359-0-72773500-1479199409_thumb.jpg

post-1359-0-23110900-1479199424_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Excellent photos Dave. When Andy came to photograph Croydon North Street, I was amazed. Even with what I thought was a decent camera, I couldn't even come close to the images he achieved. The trackwork and ballasting look superb, btw.

It is amazing how many people come up and say I lived around there or I was born in the hospital! 

Bit late to thread but I was one of those who said "Oh I was born in that hospital" and spent early years around that area. Lovely layout and hope to see again at some point..

Edited by backofanenvelope