Brighton East - EM Third Rail

kipford

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, CloggyDog said:

One question, if I may. The postiche you used for the excellent brambles, do you have a source/link, please? I've tried googling and searching amazon / ebay, but all I get are full wigs/hairpieces. I'm guessing I'm not being specific enough. Tia. 

Green Scene sell postiche;

http://www.green-scenes.co.uk/store/product/gs-319

I picked up some from them at Railex last year.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Brighton is still alive, kicking and still very much on the exhibition circuit. It just needs maintenance, so there is very little to post about. It will have done 35 exhibitions by the time we go to Railex in May. New people to this thread will notice that most of the photo's are missing still. At present I do not have the inclination to go through every page and reinstate them. Instead I have up loaded a presentation on Brighton I gave to the Fareham and District Society of Model Engineers. It covers the build and includes all the fabulous photo's Andy York took for the BRM article in 2016. 

Fareham Talk 2022.pdf

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave

Good to see you posting an update and that the layout is alive and well. It took me a while to drum up the enthusiasm to repost all the pics to my Tidworth and Exford threads but glad I did as it drew responses from the 'crowd'. 😉

Like Brighton, Tidworth will hit 35 shows this year, although only very few with the extension completed. I don't know about you but invites seem very thin on the ground since Covid and I've almost needed to chase invites?

Look forward to seeing the layout again at some point and th return of the pictures! 😉

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ian

Good to see you at our show last November. I agree invites are thin on the ground, but I still have a couple each year into 2026. It may be after 14 years and 35 shows on the circuit we are approaching its natural end! I probably fix the photos at some point but I have need to finish this first, it getting very close.

IMG_2269.JPG.cad2a6ef27e9eadb35fd87feb2e6c9a0.JPG

IMG_2783.JPG.9361c10368bbeed0cab1ea4df33cb65a.JPG

image100.jpeg.b171785ba165fab49a6f7668cdc26b05.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 1

On 16/01/2024 at 15:44, kipford said:

Brighton is still alive, kicking and still very much on the exhibition circuit. It just needs maintenance, so there is very little to post about. It will have done 35 exhibitions by the time we go to Railex in May. New people to this thread will notice that most of the photo's are missing still. At present I do not have the inclination to go through every page and reinstate them. Instead I have up loaded a presentation on Brighton I gave to the Fareham and District Society of Model Engineers. It covers the build and includes all the fabulous photo's Andy York took for the BRM article in 2016. 

Fareham Talk 2022.pdf 28.12 MB · 47 downloads

Good news about Railex see there  hrisC

• Like 1